Watching people work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first ever job was as a apprentice gunsmith, watching the guvnor (who was trained at purdey) doing the engraving was fascinating. However it made me realise I was a complete klutz at this type of work so when the business went down the tubes shortly afterwards I wasn't too upset.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Only seen it once or twice, those people who put up the massive billboard posters. Genius.
If I did it I'd be wearing it, and swearing a lot....

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I used to enjoy watching perfectly formed wire spiralling off the neck of my machines at 20 metres per second, as long as i was watching i was sat on my backside. Wiredrawing was one of those jobs were if you were sat on your backside you were producing but if you had the guards up and your head in the machine production was stopped.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My customers love watching me transform their gardens and drives..
as long as they supply tea or coffee there very welcome to watch. The quiet ones are my favourite..

TVC

I used to enjoy watching perfectly formed wire spiralling off the neck of my machines at 20 metres per second, as long as i was watching i was sat on my backside. Wiredrawing was one of those jobs were if you were sat on your backside you were producing but if you had the guards up and your head in the machine production was stopped.
What material were you drawing?

Watched a bricklayer at Hampton Court a while ago...very interesting. Watching food being prepared is irresistible too! Arborcultural work is another favourite of this viewer.

pplpilot

Guru
Sat next to one of our senior software engineers today, never really had much to do with them but jeeze its fascinating watching someone with over 30 year experience bashing a load of code into Vi editor* ....

*he's very old school and still thinks unix is better than anything else, he may have a point if you mix in those circles.

Top Bottom