watching the grass grow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

marinyork said:
Well if you're interested in coordinate changes and transformations perhaps you should take up vector calculus as a hobby :wacko:.

Perhaps grass mysteriously changes flavours. Perhaps grass is diffracted in a double slit phenomenon as it goes through a lawnmower. Perhaps it is renormalized when it gets composted.

Joking aside, as we've said elsewhere quantum mechanical effects are observed but like with the pendulum it's a mindbogglingly small affect. Bits of grass have dimensions in mm, the scales we're talking about where quantum mechanical effects are obvious are about a million times (very crudely) smaller.

I guess the quantum stuff might not make a lot of difference in this instance, and the reason is indeed because during BST winter you are looking at it one hour ealier when it isn't fully grown yet

+8 degrees, sufficient sun light and watering and the grass will grow.
Too much of just one of those will affect the process, hence the irregularity of grass lengths/cutting rates from day to day, or week to week, as nature can't be relied upon to gives equal amounts of the required dosage.
In addition to this, you then have to worry about moss, weeds, fungus etc.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abitrary: if you hook up a webcam to your lawn, we can all stare at it for an hour a day, and see if it gets longer! :sad:
As a control, I'll do some decorating, and you can all watch my paint dry. :smile:

Top Bottom