Water butts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone know of a compact form, largish capacity water butt? We've got a slimline one out back but need higher volume without a lot of space to fit it in. It's close to the corner of our house right next to the gate to get to the front of the house. In a spot that narrows.

We're looking at putting the current one out front so we're not having to carry watering cans of b water to the front for pots there. We're trying to keep our mains water use low but still need to keep things alive.

Any suggestions?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Suggest you try a couple of Google searches as there are many options.

"flexible water butt" and "narrow water butt"

We have a couple of these which came from B&Q

Screenshot_20230507_051033_Chrome.jpg

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've not seen any small ones other than the one @PaulSB pictured, but it's worth checking the Get Composting website as they have reduced prices for certain county councils. Depending on your postcode you might get a discount. I've just ordered another from them for a garden I'm helping with - it seemed a shame to have bits of guttering that aren't usefully collecting water.

deuxfois

Might you be able to position the butt away from the pinch point by using an extension hose?

I linked the butt at the side of our house to another, 15 or 20 metres away and near the veg beds, using a cheap garden hose from Wilko's and plastic connectors fitted near the bottom of both butts.
NB - careful attention needed to get the butts at the same level!

Top Bottom