Water consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Would not worry about how much water you are drinking. Is the pain at the front or the back? I know you say right kidney, but the first thing I thought was stitch... probably not.
I am another one here who drinks a lot, and sweats most of it. It is not uncommon for me to consume 630ml in an hour (that the size of my water bottle). I also force myself to drink more on the morning commute because I am usually more in need of it in the morning than the afternoon/evening.
Today was 2 coffees, glass of orange juice & 1 green tea before college. 500ml between commute & college plus coffee between classes, 500ml on way home and 2 green teas so far. Its only 3ish now. I would expect to have another +5 green teas and several glasses of water yet before bed and that does not count the 200ml of brazilnut milk on my cereal this morning. That is normal for me, not helped by some of my medication. I don't pee all the time, but I do sweat something chronic, always have done.
Sweaty Betty....:smile::smile::smile:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
The body converts 1 g of CHO into 1 g of H2O.
1 g of CHO contains 4 calories.

A 600 calorie bike ride produces 150 cm3 of water. This is all you need to replace over and above your BMR.
I'm really sorry for the following......PFTTTTTT!!!!!

Too many variables for that to be remotely true or accurate.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Only just started on the diet, so early days yet, but my clothes do feel a bit looser than normal, so it must be working. I have not weighed myself in the last 3-4 weeks(before i started to commute) but will do so on friday night, so it will be interesting to see.

It can take me a few hours after getting into work and drinking a litre or two before i need to go:smile:

In hindsight 5-6 litres is probably an exaggeration. I would probably go with something like 2-3 in work, and maybe another 1 or so at home.

When i get into work , my layer 1 clothes are sopping, might as well have just taken them out of the shower :P Also I perspire bucket fulls. I hope i loose a few stone and get much fitter or the summer (which most cyclists prefer) is going to be hell lol.

Women perspire you tart.....

.......blokes sweat......:smile::smile:....and

Hors...oops....tesco's spag Bol glows.

Ningishzidda

I'm really sorry for the following......PFTTTTTT!!!!!

Too many variables for that to be remotely true or accurate.

Wait a cotton picking minute Ninga, ( me ). The 600 kCals is approx 25% of the TOTAL work done, as a human body is approx 25% efficient. Multiply everything I said by FOUR !
Sorry folks. A hasty moment, and an error crept in... :blush:

If you read some articles on sweat rates, its 600 - 1400 ml per hour, which is correct.
Also read about
Hyponatremia

PS Ladies glow, men perspire and horses sweat, especially in Romania.

Top Bottom