Water Dowsing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
On BBC Radio 4 , John Humphrys spoke about using Water Dowsing to locate water on his farm.

View: https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/933651369537437697?

Has anyone used Water Dowsing?

Does it find water?

Yep and yep. It could have course been luck.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We certainly wouldn't have far to go to find water at the moment. <stands back and waits for twentysix by twentyfive to make a comment>. ^_^

swansonj

Guru
My industry (electricity) has an obvious interest in finding things that are underground (preferably before we stick a spade through them). Thirty years ago, I came across some serious research we'd done into whether dowsing worked. The conclusion from some pretty careful research was that dowsers were indeed good at finding things underground (water or metal) - but no better than someone else who was looking carefully for tell-tale signs. In other words, dowsers may just be people with acute (and possibly subconscious) observation skills and an understanding of how the ground and the things that grow on it are affected by what's underneath.

A bit like how much alternative medicine can be effective in the right circumstances despite having no direct physical basis.

green1

Über Member
I think it is only in use as a soakaway for next door rainwater, I have a harvesting system fitted in this house. Sorry I did not make myself clearer.
I wish I could do that instead of having to put in a 3x3x0.6m soakaway just for the bloody gutters. Bloody building regs.

I've heard of numerous occasions where its use has found water after drilling wells to replace ones that have dried up - of course the fact the new well is deeper than the old one is conveniently forgotten

Top Bottom