WaterPROOF overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

my nike neoprene overshoes died on a road side in france last week, I tried to resussitate but they had no fight left in them.

As such I need some new overshoes. But i want these to be water PROOF and not just water 'resistant'.

They need to be compatable with spd shoes (ie a hole underneath for the cleat access) and fit a 13 shoe size.

But they have to be Water proof, I am fed up with having warm but flooded shoes.:biggrin:

upandover

Guru
I bought some of these from shop.com (through jeantex)

Stockholm - Breathable Waterproof Cycle Overshoe

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Stockholm...rshoe-49555661-64311160-p!.shtml?sourceid=309

I like them and my size is 11-13 and is rather big on my size 11 trainers.

Cheers
Steve

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

We are sorry to inform you that your recent order, from the 29/8/2008, with us has been cancelled by Jeantex, due to Reason:
The SHOP.COM OneCart® Store has cancelled this order because the item(s) ordered are currently out of stock.

You can contact the supplier, Jeantex, directly with the contact details below.

Please be sure to mention that you have ordered over SHOP.COM.

Jeantex Direct Contact Information:
Customer Service: sales@jeantex.co.uk
Telephone: 01244 389 302
Email: sales@jeantex.co.uk

All purchases made at SHOP.COM are covered by our safe shopping guarantee, ensuring you are 100% satisfied with your purchases.

For further assistance, please contact SHOP.COM's customer service department, via email or by telephone on 0845 257 8041. Please refer to your SHOP.COM Master Order Number:

you were about to say?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thank you for your email

The reference number for your email is X
Please include this number in any further communication

Hello ....., at this point in time we currently do not have a completely waterproof overshoe in stock. We only have the Gore race which has the water resistant layers. We should be getting more stock of these soon however so I would keep an eye on our website and all stock will be listed as it comes into stock.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us

Kind Regards

Evans Sales

P.H

Über Member
Copied and pasted from a thread a couple of weeks ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyg
The only ones I've been able to find which look like they might do the job are these Eager overshoes from SJS, but it's not clear whether they are even waterproof.

The Eager ones are waterproof and quite a slack fit so don't get as warm as the usual type. They're also sold by Bike + who have a better description;
LINK

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Those both look like they may do the job. I am wary of anything that states 'water resisitant' rather than 'waterproof'. I like the look and warmth of the endura pair but they do not state water proof..just resisitant. The cheaper Eager overshoes state waterproof but I reckon they would be freezing in a British winter.
My prime concern is to keep my roadshoes dry, I hate it when I have sodden road shoes as they get heavy and stink. I only have one pair on tour and so they HAVE to stay dry and sometimes that means in HEAVY rain.

Mine have been great.
In very heavy rain you do get a bit of water in through the bottom but it is a minute amount and doesn't get your feet wet.

What about the shoes, do that ever get wet? Wet feet I can live with but wet shoes are a no go for me.

yello

I have the Nike ones, probably the same type that died on you. I like them but, no, they'll not keep your shoes bone dry in heavy rain. I've always thought that a lot to ask of any overshoe tbh and just accept that shoes/feet will get wet, as long as my feet are not cold I don't mind. But then I have the luxury of putting on dry shoes the following day!

mikeitup

Veteran
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Those both look like they may do the job. I am wary of anything that states 'water resisitant' rather than 'waterproof'. I like the look and warmth of the endura pair but they do not state water proof..just resisitant. The cheaper Eager overshoes state waterproof but I reckon they would be freezing in a British winter.
My prime concern is to keep my roadshoes dry, I hate it when I have sodden road shoes as they get heavy and stink. I only have one pair on tour and so they HAVE to stay dry and sometimes that means in HEAVY rain.

What about the shoes, do that ever get wet? Wet feet I can live with but wet shoes are a no go for me.

The suede upper got a bit damp BUT it did not soak through the shoes they were still dry inside and so were my feet.
I am talking about riding in TORRENTIAL rain and the only other problem I had was when my ronhills got soaked and the water worked it's way down my socks into my shoes!!!!! That's why I now wear sealskinz socks.

MessenJah

Rider
Endura's are waterproof. I used to use them.

But overshoes are shite.

I thought they would be better than waterproof socks because they'd keep my shoes dry, so the shoes would stay in good condition for longer and so I wouldn't have to worry about drying them on the radiator after work. But overshoes are bulky, they gradually get damaged when you walk in them, they can even get damaged when you go to clip in (and miss). The zips inevitably break after a while too.

I like waterproof socks much better as they're more compact (so easier to carry) and you don't need to take them off if it stops raining - they keep your feet at a decent temperature wether the weather's hot or cold. Only downside is the wet shoes.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..yeah well i tried to order the endura from that outfit but they dont make it easy!...I tried three times to get through their card/basket set up and finally gave up...I'll find th esame shoes elsewhere...life is to short.
Thanks for the advice guys...here's to dry feet all winter!

JohnRedcoRn

hi, i got royally soaked in the downpour this afternoon. 50 mile ride in cumbria 13th sept so i better be prepared - but i seem to be spending a fortune on bike gear lately (just building up enough of what i need really).........so overshoes no good if it pours, and i'm not buying new shoes yet. anybody try putting plastic food bags over their feet ?
i'll look into wterproof socks.
then theres waterproof trousers to think about (my mates just wear lycra and put up with the wet)
dammit there seems to be an endless variety of kit to buy....i'll make do with what i have mostly but i cant be riding 50 miles with soking wet feet

Top Bottom