WaterPROOF overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

In France I covered my shoes with a plastic bag then put the neoprene over shoes over them, then put th ebib longs on over the top of the overshoes to stop the rain running in through the ankle of th eovershoes. It worked, but it was just so time consuming putting it all on and getting it all off.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok..

These
http://www.webstersbikes.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b45s137p657

arrived just now.

I havent been able to test them in h erian yet because they arrived in the middle of th eonly 20 minute break in the rain this summer..just kidding.

They fit (just) over my size 13 nike walkable roadshoes. The material looks waterproof and the velcor & zips seem sopund enough...certainly a BIG improovement on my nike neoprene overshoes. The ankly fastener is tight around th eleg which is good as that is where th ewater will enter as it runs down the legs...my intention is to put thes eon first and then my bib longs over the top though to prevent leakage...(blimey, sounds like an incontinence issue!)

I look forward to dry feet from now on.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I have just got in from 40km in the tipping rain and driving wind..yuck. These things are not waterproof. Well th ematerial is waterproof but although th einside of the over shoes was dry when I removed them my socks were soaked inside the shoes. I can only imagine that water got in through th eunderside of the shoes where the cleats are or something. They are an improovement on the neoprene things but they are not waterPROOF as claimed. I think the only true waterproof qarrangement is th echeapest...a poly bag.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays bought those ones when we were doing the Deveon C2C, and torrential rain. And yes he got wet feet but there was so much rain around that day we wondered it had come up through the cleats too. He was thinking about putting silicone around that area to see if that could improve the waterproofness.

I've got the Endura's and Pro H2O's. The Pro's for when it's light/drizzle/reasonable the Endura's for monsoon.

Neither are completely waterproof as eventually water will seep in via the cleat hole and up through the shoe. This does depend on how much standing water is around, but both are ok for a couple of hours.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

I gaffa tape up my cleat holes (ooh err missus :angry:.
my shoes were s bit wet tonight at the front of the right one because all the stitching has come away from the kevlar on the o/shoes. (that's why I need new ones) My feet were bone dry though due to the sealskinz and having on my Merston bibs (over the tops of my overshoes) and my ronhills with the stirrups outside the shoes. I find that if I have my O/shoes over my ronhills my feet get wet because the water runs down my legs and soaks into the socks.
nothing worse than cycling home with 2 waterproof socks full of swishing water.
am looking at the Planet X o/shoes and those Endura ones (not the neoprene ones).

Top Bottom