Waterproof tube bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Hi all.

I’m looking for a waterproof tube bag to keep my stuff dry.. wallet, power bank etc.. ideally I’d like to run a wire from it to power lights and phone if needed.. for the life in me I can’t find a bag that states it is actually waterproof.. I’m looking for something around the .5ltr+ capacity.... that or any ideas for keeping stuff dry.

A couple of possibles get poor reviews for stability..

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jim

sheddy

Legendary Member
Look for a dry bag with roll top closure - used in watersports.
Something like https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/extra-small-drybag.html#SID=117

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think the OP is looking for a top tube aka triathlon bag. My wife has a Birzman that is showerproof. I've a Giant-branded bag but that uses a rain cover which might prevent wires exiting.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Look for bike packing gear. Apidura, Blackburn, Ortleib. Or get a cheaper one and just put the things you need to into a plastic bag and into top tube bag.

Tanks corn the reply’s and ideas chaps.. the above from @steveindenmark is where I’m heading.. I think.. I do like the 1ltr dry bag though... maybe a possible hack..

I’ve looked at the others mentioned and they’re either not (proper) waterproof or not big enough.

Cheers

Jim

si_c

Guru
Try Restrap, I've got some of their kit and it's really well made, and waterproof. Plus the frame bags have a weatherproof port for cables to a powerbank etc.

Drago

Legendary Member
If you're running a wire out of it then you need to accept that unless you're prepared to squirt the access point full of sealant it will never be true waterproof.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have an Alpkit top tube bag with cable ports. The gadgetry within that is not waterproof are in a mini exped dry bag.

How about an Ortlieb bar bag of sorts? Said brand is the only luggage I have that is truly waterproof.

Last edited:

froze

Über Member
the Alpit Fuel Pod is a weather proof bag; J.Paks Snakpak says theirs is waterproof, if that particular bag is too small they make one called the Farvapak which is a larger bag; Bedrock Dakota is another waterproof bag; Topeak Fastfuel Drybag (this is really a toptube bag but because it's so waterproof it's considered a drybag!) maybe the most waterproof bag on the market; see: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/waterproof-bags/1088-fastfuel-drybag

With any bag, regardless of promises, crap can happen, so if you are putting anything into the bag that you want to make 100% sure it doesn't get wet stick it into a ziplock plastic bag then put it in the tube bag. I do some touring and I get a bit paranoid about water because water is one of those odd things that under the right circumstances it will get into something you didn't think was possible, I saw a guy on his touring bike with Ortlieb's come into a campground during a powerful downpour, got his tent up took his panniers inside and the next thing I know he's screaming that his only dry clothes were wet! Not sure if he made a mistake closing his bag up or what happen but anything can happen. Plus if you have something that could leak and make a mess in a pannier you can put that into a ziplock bag and prevent that from happening as well; so I put a lot of stuff into ziplock bags, their cheap, can be found anywhere, and they work.

Top Bottom