WattBike: power and phone app issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k_green

I had a go on a WattBike for the first time last night. I enjoyed it but had a few issues!
I struggled to get power balanced with cadence, it was always too high even on lowest resistance. Increasing resistance seemed to increase power which is what I expected so I'm not sure what to do. Magnetic and air brake on 1.
I was using the phone app via bluetooth, it worked fine for the warmup, free ride, 3 minute test but when I tried to connect with a climb, it failed. I tried turning my phone and the bike off and on again! Anyone else found this? Seems to be an app issue.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi. I have the Wattbike atom. Is it the atom or pro version you have? I think they use the same app either way. I’m not expert by any means. I have done one of the climbs on the app with no issue. The fact you had resistance earlier but lost it would make me check the connection with the app first. Did you do this when resistance was seemingly lost? Is there a chance you weee in erg mode? There’s a Wattbike owners group on Facebook who seem lik a friendly bunch. Sort I couldn’t be more help.

OP
OP
K

k_green

Cheers! It's just at a local gym, seems to be a pro (app says pro/trainer) which explains the power issue! I'll try again with the app!

Top Bottom