We’ll miss them when they’re gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many businesses have built up huge debts due to the pandemic and its possible when Cineworld go out of business some other business will buy up the assets cheap and without the burden of huge debts be able to make a good business from it. I think the Cineworld US side has $9 billion of debt which is a huge amount to service. I'm not sure how the UK side operates and what debt it has but its could be suffocating the business but still at its core be a viable business without its debts.

I'm not a fan of going to the cinema myself. I can't remember when I last went but can remember the experience not being that great. People always like to get out of their homes and go somewhere else to do something so its all about creating experiences for that. Maybe cinema is better at home now but people still perhaps want to have a meal in a restaurant or go to a concert or show etc. I like going to restaurants and I like browsing shops, I also like exploring new places especially with a bit of history. Different people enjoy different things. There are many people that will still go to the cinema and enjoy the experience.

Adam4868

Guru
Go into one of his pubs? No standing at the bar. No mobile phones. No music. And, as a landlord, the threat of Smith, dressed as a vagrant, popping in for a squint at your practice.

Bodyswerve for me, despite the “value”
My local,my choice I guess.You can stand at the bar if you really want to..there's seats if not.Music not arsed about,phones if you really need to use it,go outside same as smoking.
There's allways another pub if you don't like it.

If they are claiming they have to charge £14 to stay in business then their business model is wrong

Reassuringly expensive is a business model.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
My local,my choice I guess.You can stand at the bar if you really want to..there's seats if not.Music not arsed about,phones if you really need to use it,go outside same as smoking.
There's allways another pub if you don't like it.

Your choice. Yes. I'd be unhappy giving my hard-earned brass to someone who sacks managers for not having his favourite pudding on the menu, or who refuses to allow a temporary bridge to be sited on his land when the river flooded in Tadcaster, or the countless other spiteful and privileged acts you're supporting by drinking in his pubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRM

Adam4868

Guru
Your choice. Yes. I'd Ben unhappy giving my hard-earned brass to someone who sacks managers for not having his favourite pudding on the menu.
No food in there....but there's a spoons down the road if you prefer ?
Like I say my local,my choice.

D

Deleted member 26715

Your choice. Yes. I'd Ben unhappy giving my hard-earned brass to someone who sacks managers for not having his favourite pudding on the menu, or who refuses to allow a temporary bridge to be sited on his land when the river flooded in Tadcaster, or the countless other spiteful and privileged acts you're supporting by drinking in his pubs.

Is this a private argument or can anyone join in? Did either of you pay for the full half hour?

Top Bottom