We’ll miss them when they’re gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Is this a private argument or can anyone join in? Did either of you pay for the full half hour?
Fire away if you've got a view on my local 🙄

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Mine was £1.99 yesterday for a very nice pint of Salopian Golden Thread at Wetherspoons in Lowestoft.

Mine wasn't in a Spoons, it was a small independent place in Gloucester, mind you the £2.80 was only available between 12 noon and 5 PM, but it was a decent pint, Moreton Mild from North Cotswold Brewery. I've been to the place fairly frequently on an afternoon over the last few months and always had decent beers for the same price.

Edit to add, for no particular reason, there's a Spoons about 100 yards away from the place I'm on about.

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
Three pounds fourty and endless banter....bargain !

I'm not a fan of his bitter or lager, I used to drink in a local Sam Smiths when they were a great deal cheaper than other pubs but they seem to be on a par with "normal" pubs now price wise so don't go there anymore.

D

Deleted member 26715

Yep, crazy. I use a hearing aid (for some tv) but need plugs at the cinema.

We were out on Friday afternoon & on the way back called in at an Urban burger place, even in there the music was so loud it was difficult to hold a conversation, there's going to be a lot of industrial hearing claims in 20-30 years

Adam4868

Guru
I'm not a fan of his bitter or lager, I used to drink in a local Sam Smiths when they were a great deal cheaper than other pubs but they seem to be on a par with "normal" pubs now price wise so don't go there anymore.
I quite like their beers...like I said it's my local.If I wanted cheap I can get a pint for 1.70 around here.Or go for a trendy bar at a fiver.Theres a Conservative club right next door where I've been kindly informed it's cheap...they could have Kylie in gold hotpants serving me free Beer on tap and I'd still walk past it 🙄
Support your local.

Top Bottom