We are regressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro
I've just ordered a case of wine for Christmas and received this in an email to tell me it had been delivered.

Seriously what adult writes to another adult (and a paying customer) with 'Woohoo'? Who with an ounce of self-respect and professional pride refers to himself as a 'Wine Guy'?

When did we, as a nation, regress to the sophistication levels of a 13-year-old American boy? Just be a professional wine merchant, sell me some wine, and don't try to be my annoying teenage mate.

Thank you.

Snip.PNG

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm so pleased I'm not the only person annoyed by this kind of stuff.

Until now I just thought it was just me being old and grumpy, but maybe it's them being kidults.

I think the scientific term is delayed ontogeny.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
I blame Innocent smoothies - the packaging that wants to be your friend, that speaks to you on what it assumes is your level. Actually, I quite liked the Innocent stuff because it was fun, but now everyone is doing it, it's just tedious.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've just ordered a case of wine for Christmas and received this in an email to tell me it had been delivered.

Seriously what adult writes to another adult (and a paying customer) with 'Woohoo'? Who with an ounce of self-respect and professional pride refers to himself as a 'Wine Guy'?

When did we, as a nation, regress to the sophistication levels of a 13-year-old American boy? Just be a professional wine merchant, sell me some wine, and don't try to be my annoying teenage mate.

Thank you.

View attachment 561160
You're not their target demographic

That tone of email works fine with young people and they buy lots of stuff from other companies who also adopt, successfully, this style of communication

MntnMan62

Über Member
I agree. The maturity level of people in general has dropped significantly. Just look at the bozo in the White House. What you should to is respond to the survey, give them a negative review so you can provide customized commentary and blast them for their childish idiocy. That's what I would do. But that probably also indicates my own juvenile level of maturity.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had a young 'chugger' knock on my door to try to get me to sign up to some charity or other. I explained that I give to charities of my choice when I can afford to, but I do it directly rather than through people at the door.

She persisted for a while but eventually gave up.

Just before she went she waved her hand up in the air at me and I wondered what the hell she was doing... She did it a couple of times, and looked flustered ... "High Five?", she enquired plaintively. I told her not to be silly, and she actually looked hurt. I said that I was sorry, but being old enough to be her grandfather, it wasn't the kind of thing that I did. She asked why not - she often high-fived her own grandfather!

I thought it would be cruel to tell her that he probably thought it as ludicrous as I did... :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I heard my mid-20s nephew chatting to a mate on the phone... "Yeah, man - I LOVED that scene!"

Totally ridiculous - I would never talk like that...

Well, I haven't talked like that since... I was in my 20s! :okay:

Top Bottom