We are regressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I f#$%^@g hate it when companies try to be friendly and chummy. Getting a car insurance quote and the cheery geezer asks "is it ok to call you Bernard?", to which I replied "no it isn't". Show some professionalism in your actions and some respect for the people that put the food in your mouth.

You've got a point there, I can't bear it when people insist on calling me Bernard either.. :rolleyes:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Im not sure my life is so complete that i would find this a frustration, honestly... I'd pay for the wine, receive my wine and consider the transaction complete. If they want to send me a bunch of Tudor English written email's or have a young apprentice write me one, the results would simply be the same and i wouldn't waste 5 seconds thinking about it, let alone write a post about it...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Im not sure my life is so complete that i would find this a frustration, honestly... I'd pay for the wine, receive my wine and consider the transaction complete. If they want to send me a bunch of Tudor English written email's or have a young apprentice write me one, the results would simply be the same and i wouldn't waste 5 seconds thinking about it, let alone write a post about it...

Well yes all that.

But at the same time, what does it say about us that we're joining in ?? :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
Old people in "can't cope with how young people speak" shocker. It's as old as time itself

Look in the mirror. Growing up we all used language in a way our parents didn't. You're turning into your parents, deal with it
Think you may mean grandparents ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Indeed. But sometimes an itch just has to be scratched....

Oh I know dear, one really shouldn't.

But it's compulsive :rolleyes:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I f#$%^@g hate it when companies try to be friendly and chummy. Getting a car insurance quote and the cheery geezer asks "is it ok to call you Bernard?", to which I replied "no it isn't". Show some professionalism in your actions and some respect for the people that put the food in your mouth.
Why would they call you Bernard, when that's not your name?
I can understand why you'd be upset at that.

Top Bottom