We need your opinion for our upcoming safety gadget for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dear cyclists,

We are a small company based in UK working on a safety gadget for bicycles with several functions. It is the only fully open source one, including hardware designs, in the market.

We have prepared a small survey to know the opinion of potential users about the most important capabilities it offers: https://goo.gl/forms/C2YhBFtMv3DQ0c2V2

That will require just a couple of minutes of your time and you will have the chance to win a CycloShield Nano when the device hits the market next Christmas.

cycloshield-nano.jpg

If you have any questions you can ask us here on cyclechat

Best wishes from the CycloShield Team

Mods/Admin, please feel free to move this post to the relevant sub if General Discussion is not the right one

(Moved to Research and Questionnaires - Mods.)

Last edited by a moderator:

alicat

Legendary Member
Too many vague questions and required responses.

Sorry, I'm out.

classic33

Leg End Member
Has the price come down from £300, and how is the information supplied for the ICE contact accessed?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Not happy about having to leave my email address so you'll understand why I entered a pretend one. If it is £300 then I'm afraid that is a little rich for me.

Here's a plan. If the idea is that you can mod it yourself, sell a base unit for much less and then sell modules to those who want them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not happy about having to leave my email address so you'll understand why I entered a pretend one. If it is £300 then I'm afraid that is a little rich for me.

Here's a plan. If the idea is that you can mod it yourself, sell a base unit for much less and then sell modules to those who want them.
£300 is the price listed for those that get in early.

MikeG

Guru
Dear cyclists,

We are a small company based in UK working on a safety gadget for bicycles with several functions. It is the only fully open source one, including hardware designs, in the market.

We have prepared a small survey to know the opinion of potential users about the most important capabilities it offers: https://goo.gl/forms/C2YhBFtMv3DQ0c2V2

That will require just a couple of minutes of your time and you will have the chance to win a CycloShield Nano when the device hits the market next Christmas.

View attachment 404883

If you have any questions you can ask us here on cyclechat

Best wishes from the CycloShield Team

Mods/Admin, please feel free to move this post to the relevant sub if General Discussion is not the right one

(Moved to Research and Questionnaires - Mods.)

Why should I have to google this device of yours to see if I am interested in filling in a questionnaire about it? Don't you think a precis of its capabilities here in the thread might have been useful to us?

Are you just trying to involve cyclists in come crypto-currency scam?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I couldn't find the question about whether the "safety gadget for bicycles with several functions" would make me feel any safer on my bike.

OP
OP
frank-cycloshield
£300 is the price listed for those that get in early.

Hi!, well that was our previous version that didn't raise money hence this new one, better and cheaper. That campaign ended, we didn't raise the funds and re-designed the device with all the feedback we heard. We don't want to make the same mistake again so we are asking the community before attempting any more funding rounds

This one will cost less than £100

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I would pay £300 a year, every year towards funding decent cycling infrastructure. I wouldn’t feel any better having this thing on my bike even if it cost £30. I know the image is a prototype, but it looks dated, cheap and leaky. Sorry.

A question if I may? Do you or any of your R&D team cycle at night? Or any time?

OP
OP
frank-cycloshield
What's an ecall system?

eCall is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union. eCall will be mandatory in all new cars sold within the EU from April 2018.
The device is compliant but even in the absence of eCall in countries where it's not available it can still alert emergency systems. The ICE (in case of emergency contact) can be defined on the App settings tab

Top Bottom