We need your opinion for our upcoming safety gadget for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
frank-cycloshield
Not happy about having to leave my email address so you'll understand why I entered a pretend one. If it is £300 then I'm afraid that is a little rich for me.

Here's a plan. If the idea is that you can mod it yourself, sell a base unit for much less and then sell modules to those who want them.

the £300 was the previous version we discarded. Yours is a great idea, it's what we are going to do and the reason the device designs and code are open source, we want users to hack it and extend it

Regarding the email address, that's a bit intrusive but it's the way we have to contact the winner of the device. If you create a fake email address with your forum username we can still identify you

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi!, well that was our previous version that didn't raise money hence this new one, better and cheaper. That campaign ended, we didn't raise the funds and re-designed the device with all the feedback we heard. We don't want to make the same mistake again so we are asking the community before attempting any more funding rounds

This one will cost less than £100
What's not on the newer version?

OP
OP
frank-cycloshield
I would pay £300 a year, every year towards funding decent cycling infrastructure. I wouldn’t feel any better having this thing on my bike even if it cost £30. I know the image is a prototype, but it looks dated, cheap and leaky. Sorry.

A question if I may? Do you or any of your R&D team cycle at night? Or any time?

Our project started after seeing a hit and run, a driver left a wounded cyclist on the road. The R&D team cycle sporadically but to build this, we counted on a few friends who cycle often. The lights are much more powerful in this version, that's a request from the night riders, it will also have lasers to draw a safety perimeter on the road but we are not so sure about adding them, the answers to the questionnaire will help us decide whether to drop them or not

OP
OP
frank-cycloshield
What's not on the newer version?

The newer version needs an smartphone, the previous one was an autonomous device with its own GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, GPRS (to connect to internet and issue phone calls/texts) so one wouldn't rely on having juice on the phone. At the time, we thought it was a good idea but it made the device bulky, expensive and heavy. Newer one is no longer autonomous but everyone has a phone anyways

while your answering questions why do you need to know level of education and salary:wacko:

To better understand our clients but you can skip those

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You want my e-mail address..........................................................................................................sod off :cursing: :thumbsdown:

winjim

Smash the cistern
What is the legal passing distance and at what distance would the laser safety perimeter be projected?

classic33

Leg End Member
What is the legal passing distance and at what distance would the laser safety perimeter be projected?
There isn't one here, Spain however is 1·5 metres, and the laser lane marker they're uncertain on actually fitting it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There isn't one here, Spain however is 1·5 metres, and the laser lane marker they're uncertain on actually fitting it.
Of course they are uncertain; once they've thought about the answers to my questions they'll realise that it's a ridiculous idea.

Top Bottom