We went to "look at" our local pub yesterday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
How did my comment about the local pub get to slagging BoJo off :wacko:

Because his mate, Matt Hancock, has a mate who owned a pub, now Matt Hancocks mate has earned £144.8 million pounds from selling out of date Scampi Fries to the NHS for use as PPE because of Brexit which happened because the EU can't organise anything at all when it comes to vaccines.

Jesus man, keep up, it isn't difficult.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Have you not cut your fingernails during lockdown?

Good for taking cuttings from plants without a knife.....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
maybe you aren't a drinker mr rider - but nothing formulaic about spoons beer - that's the attraction - beers change all the time -

The formula is in their approach to service.

The Covid precautions of which you approve will have been dictated by head office and staff simply must follow them.

A mate of mine worked in a 'spoons kitchen.

After one particularly gruelling lunchtime service he was ticked off for serving too many peas.

Apparently, the small universal Wetherspoon's cone shaped pea scoop must be filled level with peas.

In the rush, my mate hadn't always levelled the scoop, served several heaped scoops of peas, which in turn meant those customers had received 10 or maybe as many as 20 peas more than they should.

As you might imagine, my mate was unimpressed about being told off after working his nuts off to bang out dozens of dinners.

But you can bet Wetherspoons take a similar strict approach to the delivery of Covid precautions as they do to the delivery of the correct number of peas.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Same with the businesses and factories I visit. If they're big enough to have a H&S officer, their covid precautions are usually ok. Smaller companies... not so much. :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I drove past and walked past quite a few pubs yesterday. I'm happy to say they all seemed busy,going off those outside,or the noise of the beer gardens at the back. Talking to one bloke and his wife who'd been down my local the other night. They said it was ok if you had a blanket and they shut at 8pm. Definitely the 17th of May for me before i fancy going to a pub.

The formula is in their approach to service.

The Covid precautions of which you approve will have been dictated by head office and staff simply must follow them.

A mate of mine worked in a 'spoons kitchen.

After one particularly gruelling lunchtime service he was ticked off for serving too many peas.

Apparently, the small universal Wetherspoon's cone shaped pea scoop must be filled level with peas.

In the rush, my mate hadn't always levelled the scoop, served several heaped scoops of peas, which in turn meant those customers had received 10 or maybe as many as 20 peas more than they should.

As you might imagine, my mate was unimpressed about being told off after working his nuts off to bang out dozens of dinners.

But you can bet Wetherspoons take a similar strict approach to the delivery of Covid precautions as they do to the delivery of the correct number of peas.
my interest is in the beer - and the staff are very well trained to pour it properly - and not get sarky on the rare occasion you might ask for a needed top up - unlike some trendy bars and even "real ale" palaces I know - one in my home town where the teenagers in spoons pour it better. I've knocked the hometown real ale palace off the itinerary. Peas not why I go to the pub mr rider.

I agree about covid precautions - they have long been good, even before lockdown - they have taken so much flack in their time that they are extra careful I think in order to avoid blowback.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Went for a 4 mile stroll around the deer park at Milnthorpe (Cumbria) yesterday and at the half way point we visited something called a pub... and it was blooming lovely!

The Wheatsheaf at Beetham was the location - well spaced benches/tables, lovely sunshine, gorgeous girl sharing my table in full on sparkling funny mood, a lager shandy for me (by default I am always the nominated driver), a big Sauv' for her and a couple of bags of Salty Dog crisps.

Heaven!

Top Bottom