Wearing earphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G2EWS

I mentioned in the other thread that I doubt many motor vehicle drivers know the rules and what is legal for a cyclist. I do believe that it would help if they were better educated.

So yesterday I learnt:

1. Primary position is the middle of the lane and recommended in some situations.
2. Secondary position is no closer than 1/2M from the kerb
3. Cyclists can go two abreast

We don't know the OP's 'malc's circumstances so are unable to comment properly, but I wonder if he knew these simple things?

Best regards

Chris

StuartG

slower but further
I have some sympathy for the OP. I, and a whole lot of others, have been stacked up behind a headphone wearer oblivious of our existence. Gentle polite requests of excuse me and tinkling bells were of no avail. I gradually increased the request volume until I gave it everything. It broke through. The guy was so surprised he jumped up and nearly fell off which could have caused a domino crash. So I was in the wrong too ....

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
I assume you know exactly how loud the music was in his headphone - and that he was not simply listening to timings/splits on a hard training ride?

StuartG

slower but further
Jesus, I never thought of that. On reflection it must have been interval training. Just that the interval was a bit long and about 4mph :smile:

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
[QUOTE 2057499, member: 45"]
Thread no.2 about cyclist wearing headphones and not making proper observations -it's still not his fault, and naughty driver shouldn't have sounded horn.[/quote]

[Devil's Advocate] Where does it say in the OP that the cyclist didnt make proper observations? The only hint of it was the cyclist was surprised to see the driver along side him; but that could mean he was amazed that the driver had squeezed into the small gap.[/Devil's Advocate]

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
[QUOTE 2057508, member: 45"]"He had no idea I was behind him" was the clue.[/quote]
But that is just the drivers perception, might not be the riders reality.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
[QUOTE 2057519, member: 45"]OK, I pointed out the bit you missed. Rather than continuing to speculate why don't you ask the bloke involved?[/quote]

:scratch:Not sure the cyclist is on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom