1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing the inside out

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 31 Jan 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

There is a lot of hate inside. For years it remained inside, but after treatment (which I wont bore you with) it is now more 'apparent' on the outside as well as on the inside. So people hear and see what I actually think (the inner me so to speak), which isnt always nice. Apparently this is good as keeping it inside isnt good. But it alienates those around me more and more. This adds to the hate and makes things worse, so I will shut the **** up again and suffer in silence.

I am reminded of a Pink Floyd line...'I'm wearing the inside out'....

...packs up, kits up and leaves the building on Bicycle.

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

on a bright note, you call a spade a twunt!

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

It may be time to talk to someone!

4. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Do you want to tell us about it?

5. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

It's not always good to say exactly what you feel. You have to give release to the feelings, but not always in a blunt or aggressive manner.

"You see when you post like this, you really really piss me off you wakner, why don't you take your zarking moaning and jump off a cliff, tosser"

or

"You see when you post like this, I find myself becoming upset, I'm sure thats not your intention, maybe we could talk about something else?"

Do you see what I did there?

6. NickM

NickM Veteran

Oh dear, you're not a social worker are you?

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

No, but I am - so **** off.

8. sloe

sloe New Member

So your ba'hairs are on the outside? Truly you are a cyclist.

9. Noodley

Noodley Guest

No it's not good. Not having it inside or out would be good. Whatever treatment you had was not good either.

:biggrin:

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

i thought this was going to be a thread about the fleecy lining on bib longs having seen better days...

11. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

No, I work with people with mental illness and I counsel people.

Noodleys right, the original treatment does not sound good.

12. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Respect.

13. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Agree that the treatment doesn't sound good - the cure being worse than the illness.

For years I was an exploding doormat. It took me a long time to learn that there are ways of letting people know how I felt that can explain the situation, look for a solution and leave both of us in a constructive place. It's not easy but it can be done. At least you are willing, and that is half the battle.

14. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

15. NickM

NickM Veteran

Some people don't want to come to "a constructive place", though. They do need telling that they are peanuts, don't they?

When anger is legitimately felt, the solution is to change the situation, not to accomodate it.