Wearing the inside out

Bigtallfatbloke

New Member
There is a lot of hate inside. For years it remained inside, but after treatment (which I wont bore you with) it is now more 'apparent' on the outside as well as on the inside. So people hear and see what I actually think (the inner me so to speak), which isnt always nice. Apparently this is good as keeping it inside isnt good. But it alienates those around me more and more. This adds to the hate and makes things worse, so I will shut the **** up again and suffer in silence.

I am reminded of a Pink Floyd line...'I'm wearing the inside out'....

...packs up, kits up and leaves the building on Bicycle.
 
on a bright note, you call a spade a twunt!
 

Noodley

Guest
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Apparently this is good as keeping it inside isnt good.
No it's not good. Not having it inside or out would be good. Whatever treatment you had was not good either.

:biggrin:
 

bonj2

Guest
i thought this was going to be a thread about the fleecy lining on bib longs having seen better days...
 

Twenty Inch

New Member
Location
Behind a desk
Bigtallfatbloke said:
There is a lot of hate inside. For years it remained inside, but after treatment (which I wont bore you with) it is now more 'apparent' on the outside as well as on the inside. So people hear and see what I actually think (the inner me so to speak), which isnt always nice. Apparently this is good as keeping it inside isnt good. But it alienates those around me more and more. This adds to the hate and makes things worse, so I will shut the **** up again and suffer in silence.

I am reminded of a Pink Floyd line...'I'm wearing the inside out'....

...packs up, kits up and leaves the building on Bicycle.
Agree that the treatment doesn't sound good - the cure being worse than the illness.

For years I was an exploding doormat. It took me a long time to learn that there are ways of letting people know how I felt that can explain the situation, look for a solution and leave both of us in a constructive place. It's not easy but it can be done. At least you are willing, and that is half the battle.
 

NickM

Veteran
Twenty Inch said:
...there are ways of letting people know how I felt that can explain the situation, look for a solution and leave both of us in a constructive place...
Some people don't want to come to "a constructive place", though. They do need telling that they are peanuts, don't they?

When anger is legitimately felt, the solution is to change the situation, not to accomodate it.
 

frog

Guest
The thing I've found is that most people don't give a damn how you feel. If they've upset you they take a pleasure that they've won one over on you. Some folks need telling in words of one syllabal and most of them begin with 'f' and 'c'.

We all have times when we're expected to be agnst sponges for everyone else but where do we put our frustrations? Going to the top of a lonely hill and screaming your head off just don't cut it. You need a person, prefereably the swine who mistreated you, right there in front of you so you can take them to pieces one nerve at a time.

Publically blowing your top can be productive. It warns those who would like to treat you badly what will happen to them if they do and it shows the arse who did treat you badly you have teeth and are prepared to use them. Regrettably, it can also get you the sack, but you probably didn't like the job anyway :wacko:

I've found that 'discussing' my problems with those who anger me doesn't work. There isn't a compromise position. I'm a reasonable person who behaves reasonably and despite that you're treating me badly. I don't want to know your 'position' or 'point of view'. I want to be treated like a human being. If I behaved badly I'd expect to be punished for it but here you are, a person who's behaved badly to me and instead of an apology and promise that it won't happen again (like that should ever happen) I get an explanation.

No, I're responsible for my actions and I expect you to be responsible for yours.
 
Top Bottom