Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
You need to dress for the weather so you don't get cold or wet.

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
So far this winter I'm trying to HTFU a bit and get out regardless of the cold and wet, but after looking at the forecast last night and this morning I decided that 30mph winds, mostly across my intended route, was where I drew the line. Toughing it out is one thing but I don't fancy getting a gust throwing me into a tree, or oncoming traffic, or worse.

sarahale

Über Member
Almost came off this morning as a sideways gust caught me on top of a bridge. But I have to commute by bike. I have a huge scar on my thigh from a tree branch impaling me on a windy day, be wary of things falling from above to!

mustang1

Guru
Conversation:

Dude: wow you rode in the rain today?
Me: are you calling me stupid?

Yes its probably silly to ride in heavy rain but I (and many here) have done it and continue. Whether we we are dumb or just determined, i don't know. But rain doesn't stop me and I think you should have another go.

Just wear the right gear.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Yes, and for most of the coming week, with a much stronger storm due on Thursday

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/liverpool <-- centred on Liverpool, change to see your area.

Looks like the worst will be Wednesday afternoon / evening into Thursday morning.

I'm with the stay off the bike unless it's absolutely necessary crowd. Don't mind cold or a bit of rain but this strength of wind is too dangerous for my liking.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I decided it was too windy to ride today, so I've cleaned the bikes, changed the pads on the road bike which I should have done three months ago and changed the punctured tube on the commuter. Now going to drink lots of tea and either watch some football or more than likely fall asleep in the bath listening to the football.

Top Bottom