webuyanycar.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thinking of selling the car,only did 625 miles this past year and all of that was nothing miles. I dont want the hassle of selling by advertisement. So was thinking about using them. Anyone used them?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nope, but can imagine what they offer will be way below market value.
Good luck.

Depending on the model and what you paid they can offer a good price, however be aware of valuation fees etc etc and they will always find marks/dents etc that you didn't declare that will bring the actual cash amount down.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
But if you can get ripped off by traders and joe public offering stupid money anyway, even if you get the AutoTrader guide price, their money's as good as anyone elses.

Maz

Guru
Presumably they still send a rep round to view the car, even though the quote is done online, right?

postman

Legendary Member
Like any other scheme,they will drag you in with a whopping price on line price.Then get you in and mark it down down and down.Be careful don't give it away.We got shut of a small car a few years ago not these,but another well known company.They even noticed the rubber seal around the screen was short it never leaked.So watch out.

Norm

They don't send reps round, that would make it too easy for you to reject their offer when you are at home.

They give a good price online, then you have to take the car to one of their depots (usually back end of nowhere with no public transport links) with a friend who can take you home as you will have expected to sell your car. Then they tell you about all its faults and significantly reduce the amount offered. As you've emotionally sold the car, have inconvenienced your friend and you're pissed off with the process, you accept their offer, just to be shot of the thing.

I should point out that's no reflection on any particular organisation but about the way used car dealers make their money.

OP
OP
GlasgowGaryH

GlasgowGaryH

Veteran
Like any other scheme,they will drag you in with a whopping price on line price.Then get you in and mark it down down and down.Be careful don't give it away.We got shut of a small car a few years ago not these,but another well known company.They even noticed the rubber seal around the screen was short it never leaked.So watch out.

That is what I thought, I have done the check online and they are offering £300 more than I thought I would get. Might just book an appointment and go and see what they offer. I just can not be bothered with advertising elsewhere,its bad enough when selling bikes that way with no shows.
Thanks for all replies

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I would not bother but all means get a price as it is free. I got one for a car I was selling and the price was a complete p*** take. They sent spam emails everyday until the offer expired reminding me that the offer was due to expire on a certain date. I have also read on other forums that when you take the car to their agent to view it they try to find faults with the car and lower the studily low offer price even more. I would really not bother if I was you.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you can be bothered, you can probably get a pretty fair idea of its 'real' value (ie, what people are prepared to pay for it) by doing a 'completed listings' search on ebay, using the same basic model/criteria.

ebay1.jpg

ebay2.jpg

Attachments

• ebay2.jpg
    ebay2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 19
I know two people who have used them, (against my advice I should add), and to be fair they both felt they got a good and fair deal.

They appreciated that they could get more selling it privately, but they just wanted to shift their cars quickly and with the least fuss possible, and in both instances they actually got more from W.B.A.C. than some dealers were offering them in p/x.

So perhaps W.B.A.C. are a little like our old friends Halofords, it just depends if you have a decent member of staff there on the day you go.

Top Bottom