weekend ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nothing tomorrow as will be cleaning some bikes.
Sunday, up to Stevenage for TheDoctors ride. Then cycling back home.
So should see me good for Frebruary's 100 miler.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Sunday morning Reading to Windsor park and back, one of my favourite regular rides, nice wind down from last weekend Woodcote CX sportive and about 48 miles in total.

OP
OP
ruffers

ruffers

Veteran
100 miler sounds good, I'll be there soon haha nope! Doing a 26 mile charity ride in June so I'm building up to that, good luck too

Well my club are introducing a Saturday ride, it's aimed at new (road) cyclists who have never ridden as a group before. It's intended as a taster, and will only be around 20 miles. Currently we don't have any female members and one or two have expressed an interest.
I haven't been on a club ride lately due to illness, so thought I might have an easy ride out tomorrow.

OP
OP
ruffers

ruffers

Veteran
Well my club are introducing a Saturday ride, it's aimed at new (road) cyclists who have never ridden as a group before. It's intended as a taster, and will only be around 20 miles. Currently we don't have any female members and one or two have expressed an interest.
I haven't been on a club ride lately due to illness, so thought I might have an easy ride out tomorrow.

That's a great idea for New riders

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Will get out tomorrow for a solo run.

Might do a steady 40 or so.. Did a nice route the other week with a mate that I'd quite like to do again at my own speed to see how I do.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Thats what we are hoping. New riders are often put off by long rides and tales of high average speeds. Some are wary riding as a large group and are actually surprised to find how easy it is.
We do a very similar thing and it works well. You need to have some experienced ride leaders to make it a success. Our skyride leaders do ours and they're brilliant.

musa

Über Member
Out with a new friend tomorrow, laps of Richmond park is the agreed route

weather looks good so shorts and tshirt maybe

Top Bottom