Weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinDavies7

hi everyone I got into cycling purely for the weight loss factor and even though I have lost a little bit it's nowhere near what I want to lose, my diet has changed a little ( no coke or crisps or chocolate for about 6 weeks ). as I work nearly 12 hours a day 5 days a week I have been getting home and riding in the evening after food and putting the kids to bed which normally is about 8:30 ish. I read today that there are more benifits from cycling first thing in the morning before breakfast how many of you do that and did you see a noticeable difference. Thank you in advance

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi!
I don't think your theory is correct: I cycle every day (to work or for errands) without eating breakfast (I do not eat breakfast, just coffee), still managed to put on weight.
Sorry!

screenman

Legendary Member
I swim 2k 4 mornings a week without breakfast, I am careful the rest of the day as well. Cycling wise I have done up to 3 hours on an empty tank, not sure I would want to do the same now.

Breakfast for me for over 60 years was an important meals, I seem to function well now without it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Take a photo naked (with your shreddies on if you prefer) once a week in front of a mirror. Visible changes will occur quicker than numeric ones, and seeing the improvement from week to week will keep you motivated.

Good luck.

gaijintendo

Veteran
My experience was that the lag between weight loss and diet change was MASSIVE. As in, I started cycling, running 10km here and there, gym classes at lunchtime, stopped eating tubes of pringles in a sitting etc etc... And it took a year for my body to tart letting go of the fat.

So, you are changing your lifestyle, and it will benefit you. Perhaps try some interval training, whatever kind, to help speed things up.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Just to counter the breakfast skippers.
Sumo stables have perfected the are of putting on weight, and the technique they use is to get up early, work out, then have a big lunch. I have seen these athletes eat lunch and it is truly incredible, so obviously unless you are eating sacks of rice, that probably isn't the reason... but that observation is why I always have a breakfast of some sort. Banana, protein shake, soreen, cereal or anything to not have a prolonged fast.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Take a photo naked (with your shreddies on if you prefer) once a week in front of a mirror. Visible changes will occur quicker than numeric ones, and seeing the improvement from week to week will keep you motivated.

Good luck.

There was a time for a short while I would have struggled to get all of me into a mirror, unless it was a large one. Good tip though.

I think you'll find that initially you won't lose as much weight as you expect due to fat being replaced by muscle.

If you persevere though, you'll suddenly find the weight starts to fall off.

I've been at it for a couple of years and have managed to drop four stone down to 14.5. Waist has gone from 42 to 34 inches.

Keep at it. It will happen.

Graham

Slick

Guru
I think you'll find that initially you won't lose as much weight as you expect due to fat being replaced by muscle.

If you persevere though, you'll suddenly find the weight starts to fall off.

I've been at it for a couple of years and have managed to drop four stone down to 14.5. Waist has gone from 42 to 34 inches.

Keep at it. It will happen.

Graham
4 stone loss sounds amazing, nice one. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom