Weight training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Unless he actually lives next door to a gym (so therefore doesn't have to spend time driving/walking/getting the bus there, etc), then I'm gonna disagree with that. His 45 minutes would actually be better spent riding hard on his bike, or a turbo.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Feel free to make your legs stronger if you want - but it really won't offer any benefit from a cycling perspective..

The opposite will be true. Making legs stronger = increase muscle mass = become heavier = become slower endurance cyclist

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have stopped doing strength exercises besides a bit of core the last month due to work commitments ( 11 hour shifts ) and i lost may be 5 llbs of 150 lbs and i have found riding easier and seem to fly up hills .

Tin Pot

Guru
Can't help, I train like a weight lifter. I am sure it gives an advantage on the one hand, which is then more than completely offset on the other by the extra 25kg of mass I carry. That's the price I pay for not wanting to be a scrawny runt.

What?

Surely everyone here longs for the legendary Arms of Froome.
Hoy1_1767911a.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
It is for th the 23 hours a day that I'm not on the bike. Looking like a weedy wimp does nothing for your chances of a "sand in the face" experience. Peace through superior firepower. I've got a life outside cycling and looking like a Cambodian isn't a part of it.

Citius

It is for th the 23 hours a day that I'm not on the bike. Looking like a weedy wimp does nothing for your chances of a "sand in the face" experience. Peace through superior firepower. I've got a life outside cycling and looking like a Cambodian isn't a part of it.

That's great - but the OP's question was about cycling. There are loads of bodybuilding forums on the internet where beefy fellas can talk about being generally awesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robbo891

lmao at some of these posts. each to their own and if you enjoy it hey ho! I do like suns out guns out though ; )

anyway back to the training. i have opted for pyramid training keeping the weight at the lower end of things concentrating on good form and higher reps!!
it can only make them a little more stronger if anything!

Citius

That's great - so despite the complete lack of support for leg/strength training on this thread, you're gonna do it anyway?

OP
OP
R

robbo891

yeah your all wrong haha

nah seriously though I do have other enjoyments regarding fitness training, playing 5aside, weight lifting, metafit etc. I just want to train the legs a little more too but just wondered if there was any specific routines people are doing.

Top Bottom