Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Quick 'scores on the doors' today as I am away to see my friend Wendy this weekend. I have shifted another 1lb.
fat.jpg

I'm quite pleased with that and it's been a funny week. Tuesday I had some Haribo and then paid for that for a couple of days with feeling really hyper and not sleeping well. I'm supposed to be on my stabilizer month (1st of 4 weeks) to get ready for 'normal' eating, more carbs etc and I've not done terribly well. Eating more is actually quite hard work.

I discovered Novo Protein bites last night. 40g packs of low carb, high protein crisps. Very tasty. I might look for them on the internet. As emergency food goes, it was very good. I couldn't face a whole meal but needed the extra calories. I ate half the pack, and then the other half an hour or two later. Nice. Better with a guacamole dip but that's what got me to where I was in the first place :laugh:

Saluki

Hubster said to do a Tuesday weigh to see what, if any damage, a weekend's caravanning had done. I wasn't overly worried as I took some of my food products with me and ate a lot of salad. More salad than products actually. Yesterday was an interesting day. I grabbed a couple of boiled eggs for brekky with an espresso over ice (vento cup) and topped up with unsweetened almond milk - they keep it at the end of the counter (very cheap way of getting an iced coffee thingy out of an expensive coffee chain). Then I had to wait until 3pm for lunch. 2 products munched in quite quick succession but it seemed to do the trick. Normal tea and then I was fine again.
Stabiliser week was a bust. I just seemed to carry on with what I have been doing for the last 3 months. Heigh ho. I'll try again next week, maybe the week after. Feeling the love again after a weekend of tuna salad, more tuna salad and then a bit more tuna salad.

Anyway, another 1lb has gone. So now bang on 11 stone and a BMI of 24.1 according to my phone. 8lbs to go and feeling confident.
I really really notice the weight loss in my cycling. Not just because I am forever pulling my bib-shorts back up as they have got a bit big. Hubster keeps mentioning Nora Batty in Lycra but I ignore him.I tuck a tee-shirt into my bib shorts to stop the straps sliding about. I'm going to put a fold in the straps, to shorten them, and tack them in with a few 'homeward bounder' stitches, as my Gran used to call them. It will do until I can afford new ones.

dst87

Sorry I've been away again! Back now for the long-term! Great work on the weight loss @Saluki - sounds like you're certainly within 'healthy' BMI, for whatever use BMI is (not a lot, as I understand it).

Anyway after my somewhat unexpected 4lb gain a few weeks ago after Alton Towers, I had a fantastic weigh-in on Monday. 11.5lb loss, so a total loss of 1st. 5lb.! Very happy, though I'm wary that such a big loss might bounce back. I'm sticking to the diet though! In France I was very sensible and stuck to my allowance every single day, and even did quite a bit of walking and other exercise (include these fantastic RailBikes which were exhausting!)

Hopefully I'll have more loss this week, as once again I've been very good. Just need to get some exercise done as I've been so bus catching up with various things it's been hard!

Saluki

Way to go @dst87 You rock!:becool:

I've swapped onto Slimming World now. 14 weeks of Exante was quite enough and with the sun shining and the miles starting to come back into my legs I needed a bit more energy than Exante was going to give me. Although Exante did kick start everything for me and give me the faster weight-loss to get to this point. I'll use it for 5:2 and maintenance. The last half a stone has been a right old maul, my friend on SW is now losing faster than me and stuffing her face 24/7, hence the swap.

Slimming World group is good. Great leader and a proper community too, with great (private) Facebook group so we can write whatever and it not arrive on our feed.
My weight has stayed the same for 10 days now but as I had a baked potato for lunch and now eating proper food, that really is not a surprise. I said to Kate, the leader lady, that I expected to stay around the same for a week or two while everything settles down again and that I wasn't going to get excited about the fact that weight is not moving.
This eating a load of food malarkey is interesting. I don't see how I am going to lose 8lb but apparently I will.
I have discovered the joys of "overnight oats". Even hubster likes them. I don't know how many WW points @dst87 but it's 35g porridge oats, fat free yoghurt and fruit in 3 layers, in a jar. Lid on then in fridge over night. Frozen fruit is best (£1.49 for 500g from Aldi). Hell of a start to the day! I use my Kilner jars and one serving is a big old jar.
I am definitely feeling more oomph in the exercise department. I still cannot believe how much I am supposed to eat :eek:

dst87

Way to go @dst87 You rock!:becool:

Thanks! It was a lot of loss, so fingers cross I can keep it up (though even a slower rate would be fine with me!) I hit my 5% weight loss goal with WW too, which was fabulous. I'm just sad that my normal leader was off as it wasn't the same with someone else!

Slimming World group is good. Great leader and a proper community too, with great (private) Facebook group so we can write whatever and it not arrive on our feed.

I think having the group is fantastic - I love it and the support is excellent. Having a good leader who's available and motivational helps a lot. We've also got a Facebook group which I actually think is under-utilised by the members of the class which is a shame.

I have discovered the joys of "overnight oats". Even hubster likes them. I don't know how many WW points @dst87 but it's 35g porridge oats, fat free yoghurt and fruit in 3 layers, in a jar. Lid on then in fridge over night. Frozen fruit is best (£1.49 for 500g from Aldi). Hell of a start to the day! I use my Kilner jars and one serving is a big old jar.

This sounds AMAZING. There are a few recipes on the WW site for this and it's about 5PP which isn't bad at all for breakfast. I normally have 45g Special K Red Berries with some semi-skimmed milk which is 5-6PP so this would make a nice change on the weekends or something. Love it! :biggrin:

I still cannot believe how much I am supposed to eat :eek:

The friend who introduced me to WW told me the same - you can't believe how much you're allowed to eat. I love the food but I track everything and stick to my allowance and I have been losing. The only time I haven't lost weight is when I didn't track what I ate. I also find that your appetite shrinks so much while dieting (though maybe only compared to my former gluttonous self). I went to Nando's for lunch (great for dieting) and couldn't even finish a chicken wrap!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was nearly 17 stone when I was at my heaviest. I am hovering around the 12 stone mark now. I know how much better I feel, but I did something today which really brought home to me how much weight I have lost. It made me wonder how any of us cope with being significantly overweight, and realise what a strain it is on us ...

I decided to have a bit of a clear out and got some big cardboard boxes from the local market. I filled them with old books and magazines and brought them downstairs to sort them for recycling. My legs were almost buckling from carrying the extra weight. I felt as though the combined weight of me plus one large box of books must be at least 18 stone. To test my theory I carried the box into the bathroom and got on my scales. I was shocked to see that the reading was ...

... only 15 stone 7 lbs!

Nearly 1.5 stone less than my maximum obese weight! :ohmy:

I am determined not to ever get back up to that kind of weight. I have been through the weight gain/loss cycle 3 times before but the last weight gain literally nearly killed me and I am not prepared to put myself through that nightmare again.

If you are trying to lose weight - keep up the good work, and when you succeed, stay vigilant - it is easy to relax your guard and put all that flab back on! :bravo:

Saluki

I bought a set of little dumbbells from Argos and they weighed 12kg, for the set, and I got Hubster to carry them to the car as they were really really heavy. It wasn't until I got home that I realised that I had lost more than that 12kg and wondered how on earth I carried that lot about on a day to day basis when I couldn't carry the box a mere 40 yards.

dst87

If you are trying to lose weight - keep up the good work, and when you succeed, stay vigilant - it is easy to relax your guard and put all that flab back on! :bravo:

I can imagine it being difficult to keep the weight off if you let your guard down.

Having no guard at all is what leads most people to put on weight. When I worked retail while at Uni I'd pop to Starbucks for lunch and have a large full fat latte with syrups, muffin and panini or something. Probably about 1,500 calories in that lunch alone, and I didn't even think about it. Weight crept on so slowly and one day I woke up at almost 20 stone and thought... WTF!? How did this happen?

Scary stuff!

Saluki

I can imagine it being difficult to keep the weight off if you let your guard down.

Having no guard at all is what leads most people to put on weight. When I worked retail while at Uni I'd pop to Starbucks for lunch and have a large full fat latte with syrups, muffin and panini or something. Probably about 1,500 calories in that lunch alone, and I didn't even think about it. Weight crept on so slowly and one day I woke up at almost 20 stone and thought... WTF!? How did this happen?

Scary stuff!
I know how my weight went on. I tore my achilles and was married to a right numpty. I was so miserable about the tendon and being married to said numpty, that I turned to chocolate hobnobs and doritos. I got in to some terrible habits and then found that I couldn't shift the timber. Hubster (different one) has horrendous eating habits and has been resistant to change.
Now I'm nearly at where I want to be, I am going to stay on Slimming World for the rest of the loss and for maintenance. I have seen how so many people have successfully maintained on SW without too much effort. Weight loss was so easy before I hit 40.

I've never had a latte @dst87 they contain a lot of moo juice, do they not? Vile vile vile stuff, moo juice. I have Almond milk but do occasionally wonder how nimble and small fingers must be to milk an almond :shy:

Since Jan 1st I havegone from 14stone 2lbs down to 12 stone 13lbs, quite happy with that. I have not really stopped drinking, but stopped drinking beer and gone on to a couple of glasses of wine a week instead. I was 12 stone before I had an accident last year so if I can get below that this summer I will be very happy.
Well it took me 6 months to the put weight on and 5 to get back to my pre accident weight. I am now bang on 12 stone.I Have basically just got out and cycled! No real change to the diet at all, although I have cut back a little on the booze. Just goes to show what cycling does to help you lose weight!
I will see if I can lose another half stone before the winter so that the hills are a little easier!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
My 10 week weigh in was unusual, I'm pretty good at sticking to weighing myself once every 4 weeks, so week 4/8/12 etc

My week 12 week weigh in saw me at 14st 10lbs so a total loss now of 46lbs

I fancy 12 stone as a good weight for me, long way to go but it looks a lot more achievable at 38lbs to go rather than the 84lbs I first needed to lose.

It was always going to be a 6 month concerted effort so 2lbs a week for the next 12 weeks will see me hit 13 stone, the final stone after that will be seriously tough I reckon.

dst87

It'll always get harder as it goes on, but if you've made the lifestyle changes and are sticking to it consistently I'm confident you'll get there.

A 46lb weight loss to date is outstanding! Well done :smile:

Saluki

Hi all.
Slimming world day today. I have lost 2.5lbs since last Wednesday. When I came of Exante and switched to SW, on the Saturday before I went to class (the interweb is a wonderful thing) I put on those 2.5lbs before getting there, this week they have come off again so I'm pleased with that. Now I think that my body has settled down ready for Slimming World eating again.
It's been really odd going from 800-850 calories a day to proper eating. I'd forgotten how much I'd missed fruit. I was tempted to sleep with a banana or satsuma so that I could munch one at midnight should the mood take me. Rice cakes are gorgeous! I've had cottage cheese, overnight oats are a revelation and I've had them every weekday for breakfast and had quorn sausages, poached eggs, beans and mushrooms for brekky on the weekends. Dear God, this eating malarkey is hard work. I've got tons of energy and riding and dog walking time is definitely on the up. Busy work week this week, so the additional food has been a boon.

3.5lbs off is brilliant @dst87 Well done :okay:
46lbs in 12 weeks is epic @MacB. You must be thrilled :okay:
@Martin Archer Great news on getting back to where you started. I would give up beer but I don't drink it anyway so I can't.

Top Bottom