Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dst87

@Saluki well done on your 2.5lb weight loss! Even if it did just negate the previous gain, at least your now into the plan.

I love fruit so much more than I used to. I think because I used to eat loads of sugary crap I never appreciated the sweetness in fruit. Not that I've cut right back on sugary stuff fruit is just fantastic and tastes much sweeter these days. I'm so glad you're enjoying being able to eat more :smile:

I still must try the overnight oats...

Saluki

World class procrastinator
@Saluki well done on your 2.5lb weight loss! Even if it did just negate the previous gain, at least your now into the plan.

I love fruit so much more than I used to. I think because I used to eat loads of sugary crap I never appreciated the sweetness in fruit. Not that I've cut right back on sugary stuff fruit is just fantastic and tastes much sweeter these days. I'm so glad you're enjoying being able to eat more :smile:

I still must try the overnight oats...
Just go for it with the O.Os. They are awesome beyond belief. We got some virtually fat free creme freche, or whatever it's called. Yummy stuff as Hubster wanted to top his O.Os with some, like they are not yummy enough!

Over the last 3 months, on the Exante plan, I have weaned myself right off sugary rubbish, pizza, crisps etc so I'm not struggling with the SW plan, as some people in my group seem to be doing, and they are a couple of months in.

Bananas are just the most gorgeous thing going IMO, closely followed by apples. I have missed apples so much. I had one left in the fruit bowl and I've hidden it, behind the cushion on the sofa so Hubster can't get to it before I do. He's not dieting so can stuff all sorts of rubbish.

Saluki

Yes and no, delighted I'm finally sorting it but still miffed with myself that I got so heavy in the first place. My biggest milestone was moving from obese to overweight ^_^
I did the happy dance when I went to overweight. Happier dance when I went to normal.

Weight just sneaks on, which is why a weekly weigh in is such a good idea. I log everything I eat, it keeps me honest (not necessarily slim though) but it's a great habit to be in. Hubster says that I'm a control freak.

PS. I ate that apple last night. I produced it with a flourish and told Hubster that he should have been quicker :giggle:

IncoherentJeff

Time for the now monthly weigh in;
09/09/14 111KG
10/05/15 104KG
08/06/15 105KG

I've gained a KG this month, I'm not happy but I expected it.

I did the Great Manc Run (10K) & hiked up Snowdon this month.
However I've not been going to the gym nearly as much as I was pre-10K run. I also had 4 days of relaxing, lovely food & whiskey in the Scottish Highlands and any exercise from climbing Snowdon would've been cancelled out by mass consumption of the local ales in Llanberis afterwards.

Back on it, commuting by bicycle again (6miles a day) this week and back at the gym & pool 3 times last week and on track for 3-4 times this week.

dst87

That's a lot of exercise @IncoherentJeff but the excessive consumption is never a good idea, but we all have to live!!

I lost 1lb at my weigh-in on Monday which was a bit disappointing but not unexpected as I had a couple of meals out which I found difficult to ProPoint last week. I put in an estimate but did end up using my weeklies which I normally avoid.

This week so far is bad. Monday was perfect, but yesterday I was at a whisky tasting at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Edinburgh, which included a steak dinner. I was very drunk (feel terrible this morning) and ended up at McDonalds on the way home :wacko: This morning I'm hungover and filled with regret lol.

It's all been pointed though, so I guess I just have to be extra good this week, and try to build up some exercise ProPoints :smile:

Saluki

Only 1/2lb this week according to SW. Or a whole 1lb on my scales. The difference being is my scales are bob on and I weigh in the buff. Not allowed to do that in SW for some reason.

I've had a couple of ropey days this week. Cake on Saturday - but I did ride the 11 miles off road to get it and then 12 miles home (went off route). First aid course on Sunday so there was a cheese roll involved. New job and getting used to new hours. Also I am commuting in by bus (yes I have a bike but I ain't locking that up on the Heartsease Estate. I'd like to still have a bike at going home time ta very much) rather than car so I can't leave my lunch in it and we don't carry a bag so I can't pop a lunch in a bag. I'll get the hang of it after this week as I'll have the car back for a start, some days at least.

I just need to get used to the new life regime. Not sure about this job although I am getting a lot of walking done.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just bought some new scales from Lidl and they are giving me a more realistic weight reading than my old ones which always underread by at least 5 pounds compared to weight measurements done at hospital and GP appointments. It looks as though I am actually about 12 - 5 which explains why I still have a couple of inches of flab round my waist to shed. (I have still lost the amount of weight I thought I had because my highest weight readings would also have been underreadings too.)

I think losing another 7 - 12 lbs will be enough for me. I would end up too skinny if I went lower than about 11 - 7.

I'm still doing the 5:2 fasting but I think it is time to cut down on chocolate/cake on the non-fasting days and to start eating more food instead!

Ern1e

Über Member
@Saluki it's only a half pound but at least it's a loss ! Must admit some of the members at my group get pretty damed close to naked at the scales lol. Which seeing that I am the only chap there at the moment is not always what I go for ( say he tounge in cheek ) seriously though well done to you and just to mae you feel bad I lost a pound and a half lol.

Saluki

@Saluki it's only a half pound but at least it's a loss ! Must admit some of the members at my group get pretty damed close to naked at the scales lol. Which seeing that I am the only chap there at the moment is not always what I go for ( say he tounge in cheek ) seriously though well done to you and just to mae you feel bad I lost a pound and a half lol.
Well done on your 1.5lbs :okay:

I knew that the first couple of weeks would be a bit odd, coming off a VLCD and all. Hubster doesn't seem to realise that I am trying to lose weight. He made a recipe with 2 huge handfuls of cheddar in. I spent a bit of meal time, picking all the cheese off and giving to him or the dog. Then there was the salad with about half the contents of a squirty bottle of mayo mixed in. I am trying to educate him but failing abysmally. Then all of a sudden he'll think 'oh, not biscuits. Dieting and all' and then back to 'oh I've made you 42 toasties with cheese and mayonnaise' I don't like mayo very much xx(

A couple of our ladies get half naked. One down to gym shorts and a vest yesterday. The come down in joggies and a tee-shirt and strip off down to gym kit. One even takes her rings off.

dst87

A couple of our ladies get half naked. One down to gym shorts and a vest yesterday. The come down in joggies and a tee-shirt and strip off down to gym kit. One even takes her rings off.

I don't get that. Surely the key thing is to wear the same stuff every week rather than stripping down to nothing! They'll get a shock in Winter when they start wearing thicker clothes! :laugh:

Ern1e

Über Member
Well done on your 1.5lbs :okay:

I knew that the first couple of weeks would be a bit odd, coming off a VLCD and all. Hubster doesn't seem to realise that I am trying to lose weight. He made a recipe with 2 huge handfuls of cheddar in. I spent a bit of meal time, picking all the cheese off and giving to him or the dog. Then there was the salad with about half the contents of a squirty bottle of mayo mixed in. I am trying to educate him but failing abysmally. Then all of a sudden he'll think 'oh, not biscuits. Dieting and all' and then back to 'oh I've made you 42 toasties with cheese and mayonnaise' I don't like mayo very much xx(

Thanks for that but i'am not supposed to be losing me being at target ! Never mind it's a bit of a "good" time for me this week so I could have some cheese !!! Noww if himself is a little chubby may be take him with you ? It may help if you tell him about the half dressed members lol,then if he went that way he may take on board just what you are trying to do and understand it a little better.

Saluki

Thanks for that but i'am not supposed to be losing me being at target ! Never mind it's a bit of a "good" time for me this week so I could have some cheese !!! Noww if himself is a little chubby may be take him with you ? It may help if you tell him about the half dressed members lol,then if he went that way he may take on board just what you are trying to do and understand it a little better.
My group is at the same time as his dialysis. Anyway, for 5 hours, 3 times a week, he is waited on hand and foot by beautiful Philippine nurses. He is kind of following SW today :smile:

Saluki

1.5lbs off today at SW. Very pleased with that after a hideous week. I might have accidentally had an own brand magnum ice-cream-lolly yesterday and 3 choc chip biscuits. That 17% climb needed fuelling :laugh: I burned off over 1500 calories on that ride, according to my GPS/HRM/Fitbit Charge HR things. Climbing not my thing really. I did well over an hour of dog walking yesterday too.

I really like my SW group, it's so worth the fiver every week. My old SW group, when I lived in Stoke, was pants - no shiney, no encouragement to exercise and she would order the recipe books and they would turn up a fortnight or 3 weeks later. This group has a selection of books to buy there and then. I have a chicken jambalaya recipe that I need to try out tonight and a recipe for nachos made from lasagna sheets. The natchos are a tweak and a treat but as part of a meal and not eaten on a daily basis they'll not do any harm.

I am definitely seeing improvement in my fitness and strength since losing the weight. Hubster is starting to enjoy the new recipes, which must be a good thing. He did eat 6 (aldi version) Snickers bars yesterday though :banghead:His diet is improving though so little victories :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom