Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yes i follow the Sw recipes, however always looking for other ideas. Only issue is the kids, well two off them are teenagers, they are fussy with some stuff. Fav recipe at the moment is Chicken Korma with mango, lush when I get it right lol.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
yes i follow the Sw recipes, however always looking for other ideas. Only issue is the kids, well two off them are teenagers, they are fussy with some stuff. Fav recipe at the moment is Chicken Korma with mango, lush when I get it right lol.
I might have to give that a look. Is the recipe on the SW website?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The big thing for us is we have cut right down on bread, pasta and potatoes. Not off the menu but cut right down, lots of veg with whatever we have for dinner. Mostly chicken and some red meat but not lots. Still have the odd treat but both of us have cut down on the snacking. crisps etc to zero practically. Now I`m not super overweight but tryng to lose the tyre round the middle. So be quite happy to get down to 90Kg for a start which is the lightest i`ll have been since my mid 20s :biggrin:

Ern1e

Über Member
Is that the one which use's crème fresh ?( or how ever you type it ) if so then sub that for a pot of the Muller light "inspired by Bali coconut with lime ! makes it mucho better IMO.

Ern1e

Über Member
Also before I forget again take a look at the SW " Fake Away's " book the southern fried chicken is good but first time I made this we did not have any bread in so all I did was throw 4 Rye vita's in the blender thing and used those crumbs instead ! made a more "crunchy" coating, yes we have tried it using bread crumbs but must admit prefer the Rye vita's.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Is that the one which use's crème fresh ?( or how ever you type it ) if so then sub that for a pot of the Muller light "inspired by Bali coconut with lime ! makes it mucho better IMO.
I use zero fat yogurt but think it might be with the crème fresh ?? My mistake I make most times is too much chicken stock, then it becomes too watery. Also the key too this and so makes the dish is fresh coriander on top. Taste is soo much better but I always forget to buy some, so timely reminder for me tonight :smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
I use zero fat yogurt but think it might be with the crème fresh ?? My mistake I make most times is too much chicken stock, then it becomes too watery. Also the key too this and so makes the dish is fresh coriander on top. Taste is soo much better but I always forget to buy some, so timely reminder for me tonight :smile:
That was a problem I had ! so I now use those stock pot thingy's and add water as needed to get it to the desired consistency.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Taken my eye off the ball recently and immersed myself in cake and fine wine for a few months. :blush: Err so 95kg !!! :stop:
Weighing in again Monday. Hope to shed about 10kg over the summer. Congrats to everyone on here heading in the right direction. :highfive:

Ern1e

Über Member
Taken my eye off the ball recently and immersed myself in cake and fine wine for a few months. :blush: Err so 95kg !!! :stop:
Weighing in again Monday. Hope to shed about 10kg over the summer. Congrats to everyone on here heading in the right direction. :highfive:
Must admit @Biscuit cake could very well be my downfall to, but fine wine or other wise is just something I have never been into personally ! 10kg's should not take that long to shift a few decent uphill sprints etc. lol.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had some of my family to stay for a while recently. My fasting regime got suspended for the duration, and I ate what they were eating so much more bread, cheese, fish and chips, a takeway curry and so on. I also only got out on my bike once. Result - a 3 kg weight gain! :eek:

It is amazing how quickly I can put weight on if I am not vigilant. It will probably take me a month or more to get that back off ...

Ern1e

Über Member
I well understand what you are saying @ColinJ at Slimming World once you arrive at your target weight they give you a 3lb's plus or minus to work with, ok you think no problem in that until your next weigh in lol and the following week oop's you loss another couple of lb's. Now doing that is not so bad because you can have extra cake or what ever but going the other way which is ever so easy to do is a different matter all together. I am far more conscious about watching what I eat etc, so you can never let your guard down.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Slimming World today. I have shifted the 1lb that I put on last week plus another one :wahhey: Very pleased with that.
I reckon that the extra exercise helped. I am now 10st 101/2lbs so only 4 and a bit lbs to go.
Feeling very wobbly today though. Not dehydrated or not enough to eat wobbly, but just fat and wobbly today. I'm female, we have fat days!

I have some Slimming World meals vouchers. We went to Iceland yesterday, for it is Iceland that sell SW ready meals. We've tried the Thai Chicken Quarter Pounders so far (gorgeous and very very filling. Today I was famished so nuked the Singapore Noodles in my new microwave (A tenner on Gumtree. Chap moved in with his GF and they are selling all the duplicated things) and they were pretty darn good too. I have 8 more "buy 2 meals for a fiver" vouchers. I'll get some more meals on Saturday and re-arrange the freezer beforehand. Those meals are very good.

I am hoping for 1.5lbs off in the next week so that I can get my 1/2 stone shiney sticker thingy next Wednesday. I got my 4 weeks of exercise 'Bronze' award today. I should have got it last week but gave my 'body magic' form to the wrong helper. I am one week in for my 'Silver' award.

potsy

Rambler
My fasting regime got suspended for the duration, and I ate what they were eating so much more bread, cheese, fish and chips, a takeway curry and so on. I also only got out on my bike once. Result - a 3 kg weight gain! :eek:
That sounds very much like my recent story, only mine has lasted for 12 months :eek:

Must get back on the wagon and start posting in here again, it is great reading all the success stories :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That sounds very much like my recent story, only mine has lasted for 12 months :eek:

Must get back on the wagon and start posting in here again, it is great reading all the success stories :okay:
Don't forget, even if you don't feel up to a full-blown forum ride, you are always welcome to come over for a local ride ranging from 20 miles to whatever you fancy! :hello:

Top Bottom