Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(This is a long thread so I can't remember if we have covered this before ...!)

I have lost a lot of weight quickly in the past and my mind never really got used to it. I felt as though I was too skinny and subconsciously, I was feeling a desire to put weight back on. It wasn't really a big surprise, therefore, when I did!

This time round, my initial weight loss was rapid due to serious illness (~2 stone in a month!), but it has taken another 3 years to get the other 2.5 stone off. I have had time to adapt to my changing size so my body does not feel alien to me. In fact, I sometimes even think that I have put weight back on, but the scales and tape measure do not lie - I have hit a plateau, but I am not getting bigger.

I can see how anorexia could develop. My size is now constant, but it doesn't feel like that.

From a cycling point of view, I'd like to lose another stone. I would still be a stone heavier than Chris Froome, who is about the same height as me. I will probably make do with losing half a stone and put up with the last inch or two of flab round the waist. (If I were to get rid of the flab, then I'd only end up with loose skin which wouldn't really look great either!)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Long time no post on this thread.

Weigh day this morning. 66kg spot on. That's 10 stone 5.2lbs. I'm a bit chuffed with that. Weighed on my scales (which weigh the same as my GPs scales), not at SW
Naturally I've now had a cup of tea and some breakfast so it's all ruined for the day now :laugh: but that's 46lbs shifted by healthier eating:birthday:, riding my bike:bicycle: and doing some gym stuff :training:. 6 months. I've been hovering around that last half a stone or so for about 3 months now,

I still have a bit of squidge to shift but feeling very happy today :dance::dance:
Hubster still hasn't noticed that I exist but I don't care.

suzeworld

Veteran
Brilliant - well done you.

Meanwhile I am still struggling to get started .. lots of excuses .. but I know what the solution is ..!

Keep on posting - it helps to get the reminders!
:hugs:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I might have gone a bit mad in the gym this evening. My shoulders are letting my know that they don't agree with mixing up my routine and using the new machine thing that arrived yesterday sometime. Heigh ho

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
This was made for me..!

For the last 4 years I am trying to reach 85 kilos... and guess what it is not happening..!

2 weeks ago I started (again) my lifestyle changing routine...

Very simple eat according to what I do (average sedentary life) with about 5 workouts of 1 hour a day in a week...

This worked for me in the past so I am repeating..

Right now I am at 96.7 kilos and I am 178 cm tall....

Full story and reports from the last 2 weeks in the link of my signature "Let the battle begin" , "Round 1 goes to..?" and "Take that FAT"

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
This was made for me..!

For the last 4 years I am trying to reach 85 kilos... and guess what it is not happening..!

2 weeks ago I started (again) my lifestyle changing routine...

Very simple eat according to what I do (average sedentary life) with about 5 workouts of 1 hour a day in a week...

This worked for me in the past so I am repeating..

Right now I am at 96.7 kilos and I am 178 cm tall....

Full story and reports from the last 2 weeks in the link of my signature "Let the battle begin" , "Round 1 goes to..?" and "Take that FAT"
Weight my self this morning and lost a few more grams..!!

96.2 kilos..!!! only 11.2 kilos to go...!!!! (that is a looooong way to go) if no set backs I should reach is in 23 weeks...

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Since the last comment here till now I lost another 1.2 kilo so far..!

So I am going to reward myself by having another piece of home made fresh baker french baguette.

Full story if you follow the signature..

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Since the last time I was here...... Till now .... Down to 94..!!!

Only 9 kilos away from my 85 kilos goal..!

potsy

Rambler
Nobody trying to lose weight this year? :whistle:

Starting again after achieving a record high weight of almost 17st, need to get at least a couple of those off this year just to get me back to where I was 12-18 months ago, going to be hard work.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I currently weigh 17st 3lbs. In 2012 I was 14st 6lbs. My target is to get a 14 into my weight again without it being something silly like 16st 14lbs.

Tin Pot

Guru
Nobody trying to lose weight this year? :whistle:

Starting again after achieving a record high weight of almost 17st, need to get at least a couple of those off this year just to get me back to where I was 12-18 months ago, going to be hard work.

Yeah, my first milestone is to get from 87kg to 81kg.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, I want to lose 2 stone by mid July, the first stone by end Feb (when I go to florida for 2 weeks and try to keep it off)

I'm way too heavy having gained a stone or more in 2015 :sad:

I've been using MyfitnessPal to monitor since Jan 1st (early days and I'm out for curry tonight)!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I found out why I didn't feel like I was getting much fitter despite doing a fair amount of cycling last year ... I put about 16 pounds of weight back on! Hills were starting to feel harder again.

My old scales had packed up. I got a new set but didn't really use them regularly. I had lost loads of weight so it didn't really seem necessary. I started slacking on my fasting regime and was only averaging once a week instead of twice. And there were afternoon Bakewell tarts and evening chocolate bars ... :whistle:

I am going to put a stop to it now at just over 13 stone and get back down to the weight I feel most comfortable at which is just below 12 stone. It would be nice to achieve that by the Spring but it wouldn't really bother me if I took 5 or 6 months as long as I made steady progress towards it.

Good luck, y'all!

Top Bottom