Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well done to you @Saluki I can imagine that even though you are having a "FAT" you will be focused on your target ? So best of luck for the scales next week ! Now the SW meals at Iceland we have also had the two for a fiver vouchers and we have tried the sausage, meat balls, the same noodle dish you have had and also the salmon with noodles ( for the life in me can't remember its name) all are very good and all though I do like making meals they offer a quick and tasty alternative if pressed for time, we also have some more so it will be back again in the not to distant future !!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Mrs lost 1/2 lb this week thought it would of been more but she thinks she has not been eating enough. Me I weighed myself at work on what we call "the scales of truth" :-) and I'm coming in at 92.2kg and that's in work clothes and full pockets an safety boots ! Was surprised ! I seem to hover about this or maybe + 1 kg . Weird as I exercise loads and eat healthy

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got back into my fasting regime today. It was going so well - a banana, a few strawberries and blueberries, and some low fat natural yoghurt this morning. Steamed broccoli, carrots and cabbage with a tub of cottage cheese this evening. :smile:

But then ... :whistle:

I only ate 2 Mister Kipling Bakewell Tarts, amounting to 400 calories! :blush:

I went out and rode 12 miles including a steep hill to burn those calories back off again, and take a few more off on top! :laugh:

It must surely be better to do that than to have stuck to the two low calorie meals and not bothered with the ride? (Well, that's what I am going to tell myself anyway! For my weekend fast I will make sure that I don't have any goodies lying around the house to tempt me. I can resist going to the shop for treats, but struggle with having them sat a few feet away. I'm going to be good now though - the 12 mile ride wouldn't cover the 300 grams of chocolate bars that I have in the kitchen ...)

Ern1e

Über Member
Don't be to hard on yourself @ColinJ even us die hard dieter's sometimes sucumbe to cake lol. Now the chocolate umm that's an entirely differnt thing ! We have one lady in our group who just can not go into a petrol station and pay for her fuel without comeing out with at least four bars of the stuff ! We keep telling her to get a bike then she would not need to buy fuel so hence no need to buy chocolate,her excuse well I am xx stones I can't pedal a bl**dy bike.

Ern1e

Über Member
Mrs lost 1/2 lb this week thought it would of been more but she thinks she has not been eating enough. Me I weighed myself at work on what we call "the scales of truth" :-) and I'm coming in at 92.2kg and that's in work clothes and full pockets an safety boots ! Was surprised ! I seem to hover about this or maybe + 1 kg . Weird as I exercise loads and eat healthy
That happend to me for a few months our consultant sort of indicated that may be my body had got to here it was happy ! I did persist and went on to loose another half stone which I was very happy with but then people who had nor sen me for a while kept asking if I was "ill" final straw was one guy looked me up and down then says you could do to grow back into your skin, so that was it the half stone back on and staying where I am lol.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Home from SW today and I've lost another 1/2lb. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's been a bad week, depression wise.
I've not been feeling the love really, although I haven't 'over synned'. I probably didn't eat enough or drink enough.
Kate, our esteemed leader, commented to the group, about my food diary. I colour all the faces in with crayons, felt tips or glitter pens. I give them nice hairdos, specs, make up, clown faces, punk faces and all sorts. Sometimes I turn them in to cats or dogs, hamsters or rabbits. It makes me smile. Kate says that she looks forward to seeing it every single week. I had no idea that the leaders actually looked at them.

My new fitbit arrived today, a replacement one as the original one took forever and a day to charge up. It was an overnight job and they are supposed to charge in a couple of hours and not 8 - 10. Having said that, the charge lasted the normal amount of time, it was just temperamental about charging. Some days it just wouldn't charge at all but would the next day. I must have got a hormonal one.

Walking later, not riding today as my legs are tired. The nearest I am getting to a bike is watching the Tour, live and booking a ladies bike maintenance class at our local Evans.

Ern1e

Über Member
I think it's still a well done to you @Saluki now my week not so good gained a couple of pounds (still don't know how) but I am still in target so maybe not so bad just have to get shut of them for next week, one of our members gave us an idea for things to make but I am not sure if this will be of any use to you because if memory serves me correctly you don't do meat as such so unless you are able to make burgers from quorn you may not want to do these ? all they did was make burgers from beef mince and added onion and beetroot ! Yes I have made some today for tea and well they where dang good !! all you do is get a raw beetroot peel it then grate it and mix it in with every thing else so simples, so if you should have a bash with quorn and it works give me a shout and well I may just give it a go anyway.

Saluki

I think it's still a well done to you @Saluki now my week not so good gained a couple of pounds (still don't know how) but I am still in target so maybe not so bad just have to get shut of them for next week, one of our members gave us an idea for things to make but I am not sure if this will be of any use to you because if memory serves me correctly you don't do meat as such so unless you are able to make burgers from quorn you may not want to do these ? all they did was make burgers from beef mince and added onion and beetroot ! Yes I have made some today for tea and well they where dang good !! all you do is get a raw beetroot peel it then grate it and mix it in with every thing else so simples, so if you should have a bash with quorn and it works give me a shout and well I may just give it a go anyway.
Thanks.
I'll try it with Linda Mince if I can find any. There are other veggie minces but not sure if they are syn free or not though. I might try some beefy ones for Hubster. He would like them.

Ern1e

Über Member
Thanks.
I'll try it with Linda Mince if I can find any. There are other veggie minces but not sure if they are syn free or not though. I might try some beefy ones for Hubster. He would like them.
Not sure on the syns value but Morrison's meat free mince is very good,we have used this before but I have never attempted to do a burger ! Next time on the SW web site I will have a look to see if its ok ! Just curious have you been on yourself ?

ScotiaLass

Guru
Not doing WW (joining SW next week) but here I am!
I have put weight on since the removal of my gallbladder last August.
I now have about 5 stone to lose :eek:
My problem is I am very hyperactive and get bored so need to be doing something or I eat.
I suffer with depression, so I eat.
Looking forward to some support and recipes :smile:

I suppose I had better say hello here now as well. Watching my weight. I'm 2 weeks in to watching my weight and 2kg down... Do we state our weight or just what we have lost? Don't know what helps really?

I have 10kg to get off that I have put on in the last 9 months since my back went. I have lost 2kg so far, but because I take cortisol steroids it is harder and often hungrier than it needs to be.
Sadly my issues relate to eating too larger servings and more often (4 or 5 times a day) rather than a poor diet. I was on +3,000 calories a day when my back went and still loosing weight because of the exercise levels I was doing (22 mile commute each way 3 times a week, plus normal routine stuff and +100km at the weekend etc). I'm hungry :cry:
I'm also restricted as to what I can manage exercise wise at the moment, but on the brighter side, my recumbent trike weight a ton or so, so takes a lot.... time to quit with the excuses hey? :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have got to the point where I don't look too bad fully-dressed or even in cycling kit, but I just tried on my new swimwear and I am not going swimming in that until I have lost the last 20% of my surplus fat! :eek:

The swimwear is like a pair of lycra cycling shorts without the padding and it squeezes what is left of the flab in a most unflattering fashion!

I don't mind not starting my new swimming regime while the pool is busy with children on their summer hols and I am doing lots of cycling, but I would like to start regular swims once the kids are back at school.

I lost 2 kg on a hilly 30 mile today
Probably only about 1/8 of that would have been fat!

I have come back from long hilly rides 5-6 kg lighter but nearly all of that was due to fluid losses.

I typically burn about 0.5 - 0.6 kg of fat per 200 km (125 miles).

Last edited:

Saluki

Finally shifted 7lbs with SW. It took 8 full weeks but it's gone.
Today I am having a fast day. I've been meaning to for a while but Hubster stuffing crisps, snickers bars, more crisps, salted peanuts and what not has kind of scuppered it. I have resorted to a nice calming yoghurt for 2 to counteract the cravings. Today is going well though and it's nearly tea time and I have 400 calories left to eat.

Top Bottom