Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well done @Saluki I know only to well about good/bad groups ! The group I visit now is super and the consultant is very good, my week not so good now a half pound over target but hey ho. Next time in group take a look at the mediterranean magic book it's very good, made loads of stuff and loved all of them lol but then again I love most foods. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will reach you goal.

Ern1e

Über Member
I am going to get the Little Book of Summer next week. This week I bought the new Lemon Merangue Hi-Fi bars and 100 Extra Easy Days. I cannot believe how much food I am supposed to eat!
It doe's seem a bit silly eat yer sen daft and loose weight lol, but as you know it works ! The books yes we have both those and I look in them for ideas, also the fake aways is also very good and just being nosey but have you tried the " diet coke chicken" ?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
It doe's seem a bit silly eat yer sen daft and loose weight lol, but as you know it works ! The books yes we have both those and I look in them for ideas, also the fake aways is also very good and just being nosey but have you tried the " diet coke chicken" ?
I have in the past. I am not a huge meat fan really and a roast chicken would just squick me out. It looks like an animal so I am not likely to eat it. I was a veggie since birth, only been eating meat a few years and prefer Quorn. I made my Jambalya with quorn. I called it chicken jambalya and hubster has not noticed.

Ern1e

Über Member
I have in the past. I am not a huge meat fan really and a roast chicken would just squick me out. It looks like an animal so I am not likely to eat it. I was a veggie since birth, only been eating meat a few years and prefer Quorn. I made my Jambalya with quorn. I called it chicken jambalya and hubster has not noticed.
I must admit the quorn is very good these days I havedone the diet coke chicken using it and there was very little difference between the real chicken,only thing which is not good is the bacon that just did not taste like the propper stuff (sorry but I just can,t live with out an odd one) the Lynda McCartney mince is the tops for a spag bol imo.

Saluki

I must admit the quorn is very good these days I havedone the diet coke chicken using it and there was very little difference between the real chicken,only thing which is not good is the bacon that just did not taste like the propper stuff (sorry but I just can,t live with out an odd one) the Lynda McCartney mince is the tops for a spag bol imo.
I'll give the McCartney stuff a go again then. I know it's nice but it used to be expensive in the syn department. I've just been on to the website and see that it's now free :okay:. Top banana! The snorkers are only 1/2 too. My shopping will be much improved next week.

Ern1e

Über Member
I'll give the McCartney stuff a go again then. I know it's nice but it used to be expensive in the syn department. I've just been on to the website and see that it's now free :okay:. Top banana! The snorkers are only 1/2 too. My shopping will be much improved next week.[/QU
Happy to helplol

Saluki

Hmmm. According to Slimming World 1lb on this week. According to my scales - which I know are correct - I have stayed the same. However, my size 12 George (Asda) jeans now fit and my size 12 Florence & Fred (Tesco) jeans are getting a bit roomy. As are my blue flowery jeans, so I have a bit of inch loss. I haven't measured this week as I can see my tape measure, but can't reach it. It's on the top shelf and I have stuff in the way.

Sadly, my fitbit, that I bought on the 19th April this year, has bitten the dust. It won't charge. I have tried all the USB ports on every computer in the house, so it's not one of my USB ports. Anyway, everything else is fine. I have the receipt so just waiting to see what fitbit have to say.

Ern1e

Über Member
Bit of bad news on both fronts @Saluki on my front I "lost" an half pound this week (which I for sure know did not) and bang on target weight but hey ho we just have to take what their scales say lol, none the less you well may have "lost" inches so all in all not a bad thing perhaps ?

Saluki

Bit of bad news on both fronts @Saluki on my front I "lost" an half pound this week (which I for sure know did not) and bang on target weight but hey ho we just have to take what their scales say lol, none the less you well may have "lost" inches so all in all not a bad thing perhaps ?
I refuse to feel bad at some arbitrary number on a mechanical bit of equipment that gets moved from pillar to post. It's only a number, after all.
One lass today, had put on half a pound and broke down in tears and sobbed her heart out. She's off on holiday tomorrow or the next and and was so sure she had lost weight as all her clothes are either looser on her or - new clothes - fit beautifully. She couldn't get her head around inch loss at all, bless her. Said something about not going to eat all day and will go running too, to shift the 8 ounces that she had put on. Madness. Our leader took her to one side and chatted about 'the facts of life' diet wise. She'd probably just had a coffee or something.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My Mrs started SW last month and has lost over a stone since, shes doing well, only 1/2 a pound this week but she has done well, in the past would have given up! Anyway I`m following it as well for moral support and to eat more healthy. Plus I`m chief cook and bottle washer so its great to get some ideas for recipes. Oh and I`m trying to get down to 90Kgs and take it from there, currently about 93 approx.

Ern1e

Über Member
I refuse to feel bad at some arbitrary number on a mechanical bit of equipment that gets moved from pillar to post. It's only a number, after all.
One lass today, had put on half a pound and broke down in tears and sobbed her heart out. She's off on holiday tomorrow or the next and and was so sure she had lost weight as all her clothes are either looser on her or - new clothes - fit beautifully. She couldn't get her head around inch loss at all, bless her. Said something about not going to eat all day and will go running too, to shift the 8 ounces that she had put on. Madness. Our leader took her to one side and chatted about 'the facts of life' diet wise. She'd probably just had a coffee or something.
Must admit the scales are very questionable at times ! and I know what you mean about the sobbing etc, I have seen some fairly odd behaviour at times when the odd ones amongst us have gained lol. As to the inch loss it doe's take a little while to fully understand how that works, but on an all in all thing wether its inch or pounds we are getting to where ever you need to be which is really all that matters, ir does not matter which road you take just as long as you get there.

Ern1e

Über Member
My Mrs started SW last month and has lost over a stone since, shes doing well, only 1/2 a pound this week but she has done well, in the past would have given up! Anyway I`m following it as well for moral support and to eat more healthy. Plus I`m chief cook and bottle washer so its great to get some ideas for recipes. Oh and I`m trying to get down to 90Kgs and take it from there, currently about 93 approx.
Sounds like your misses is doing ok and you also, I am also head chef etc. are you using any of the SW books for recipes ? If you go in Asda or Tesco's grab the free mags they do, most of their recipes are slimming friendly, my oh goe's mad because I always take the latest edition lol we have a right old stack going on here.

Top Bottom