weird and wacky recumbents!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never complain about the wind again......

.... except for head winds

I like this video by Whike

I have still got my AVD pedal van although that hasn't turned a wheel in over 12 months.

I have a quick change over development frame that I made which I can convert from recumbent tadpole trike to quad and vice versa in about 15 minutes, it can also be quickly changed over from 2/FWD, to 3WD and 4WD including unlocking the rear axle to provide 4WD+4WS. During the last 2 summers I did run this development frame in tadpole 2/FWD configuration with a small (Numbnuts type canoe) sail and had loads of fun on the local park with it, but was asked not to use it Holkham beach by a reserve ranger/warden who thought it might scare the horses being exercised on the beach, but even in the tidal zone the sand wasn't firm enough to supported it.

I have also now made and sold 5 pedal powered (from a recumbent position) tool frames which are working in very large glass houses (2 UK, 2 Holland, & 1 Germany) doing row crop hoeing, ridging, pellet and prill application, and spraying work.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I like this video by Whike

I have still got my AVD pedal van although that hasn't turned a wheel in over 12 months.

I have a quick change over development frame that I made which I can convert from recumbent tadpole trike to quad and vice versa in about 15 minutes, it can also be quickly changed over from 2/FWD, to 3WD and 4WD including unlocking the rear axle to provide 4WD+4WS. During the last 2 summers I did run this development frame in tadpole 2/FWD configuration with a small (Numbnuts type canoe) sail and had loads of fun on the local park with it, but was asked not to use it Holkham beach by a reserve ranger/warden who thought it might scare the horses being exercised on the beach, but even in the tidal zone the sand wasn't firm enough to supported it.

I have also now made and sold 5 pedal powered (from a recumbent position) tool frames which are working in very large glass houses (2 UK, 2 Holland, & 1 Germany) doing row crop hoeing, ridging, pellet and prill application, and spraying work.
AVD van, is that based on the Brox chassis?

Top Bottom