weird and wacky recumbents!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ahem...
DSC_8197sm.jpg

From left to right: me, my wife, my best man :smile:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/building-a-quadricycle.47519/
What killed the cat question, but I'll ask it anyway.
Whats the weight of the homebuild?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
This is Penelope, my new velomobile:

20140115-222445.jpg

More info here: http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk/auntie-helen-buys-a-velomobile/

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
seen the thread on it already and now i want one! :sad:
does it have a dynamo somewhere for the lights or do you have a motorcycle battery you constantly have to recharge?
is it fast!?
Cheers Ed
No dynamo, just a couple of battery packs which apparently last a reasonable amount of time.

I've only ridden it 5 miles so far. It's faster than my ICE Sprint but not that fast generally (as its rider is pretty slow). Versatiles are heavy and a bit short and without enclosed wheels so won't be really fast but it's comfy and easy to ride.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
No dynamo, just a couple of battery packs which apparently last a reasonable amount of time.

I've only ridden it 5 miles so far. It's faster than my ICE Sprint but not that fast generally (as its rider is pretty slow). Versatiles are heavy and a bit short and without enclosed wheels so won't be really fast but it's comfy and easy to ride.
c,mon you've had it for what, almost 2 months months now? and you've only ridden it 5 miles! :thumbsdown:
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
wellll she has a few hundred mile ride home then!
Cheers Ed

The other way round..AH is moving to Germany for a year very soon.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
AH is in England, the VM is in the Netherlands, we will both be together in Germany in just over 4 weeks' time. At which point I will be able to give more info about speed/wackiness...

I may come back after a year, I may stay longer - who knows!

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
AH is in England, the VM is in the Netherlands, we will both be together in Germany in just over 4 weeks' time. At which point I will be able to give more info about speed/wackiness...

I may come back after a year, I may stay longer - who knows!
sounds good :biggrin:
on the continent drivers are better when they see a cyclist in general compared to the UK :biggrin: :bicycle: there is less of this attitude :cycle:(change bike to car!)
Cheers Ed

DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK!!!!!!

Many years ago when I was a youngster (well younger anyway) there came forth a magazine called "Encycleoedia" which investigated many of the cycling initiatives and developments and it was a "Bible" for alternative cycling

They are now available on line:

Issuu - Encycleopedia

It is interesting to see how various machines developed from early models to the later production models.

However as above - beware as these are addictive, and had a large effect on my wallet as it inspired the piurchase of the Trice, Linear, Birdy, Brompton, Street Machine and others

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK!!!!!!

Many years ago when I was a youngster (well younger anyway) there came forth a magazine called "Encycleoedia" which investigated many of the cycling initiatives and developments and it was a "Bible" for alternative cycling

They are now available on line:

Issuu - Encycleopedia

It is interesting to see how various machines developed from early models to the later production models.

However as above - beware as these are addictive, and had a large effect on my wallet as it inspired the piurchase of the Trice, Linear, Birdy, Brompton, Street Machine and others
you absolute idiot i have just gone and opened that link (pure stupidity) and am now reading some AZUB catalogue! you have now started wasting my time :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom