Weird car options, an observation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Porsche charges £2k to get larger wheels because it looks sportier. Another £2k to lower the suspension coz it looks more aggressive. But now the ride height is too low so you can't go over speed bumps so another £2k buys you a front axle lift. You know all these mods makes the ride too firm so another £2k to get soft suspension option. Wowzer!

I came across a YouTube video the other day. The option for metallic paint on some cars is £500 .On others it's £1000. Range rover has one for £6000. Then I came across the Ferrari which charges £150k for the paint. Let me repeat that: £150k for just the paint .Nice!

Many cars have keyless go these days .It makes things very convenient and I really like it. But I also see many cars with keyless go have steering locks (those yellow sticks). The convenience has been canceled out, and then some! Who the heck wants to pay extra for convenience, then pay another £50 for inconvenience? Wowzer again.

I think within page 1, someone will chime in and say "it's their money and they can do what they like".

classic33

Leg End Member
Just don't use the key, touching your head.

gbb

Legendary Member
The MD of my former employer was / is a Bentley man. I can't remember the figure but his Continental had a sage green kind of paint job, optional /one off colour, I think it was in excess of £10k.

I suppose when you consider his Bentley before that cost IRO £220k....whats £10k ?.

Slick

Guru
My car is keyless but it doesn't need a yellow steering lock.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
The MD of my former employer was / is a Bentley man. I can't remember the figure but his Continental had a sage green kind of paint job, optional /one off colour, I think it was in excess of £10k.

I suppose when you consider his Bentley before that cost IRO £220k....whats £10k ?.

My next door neighbour where i used to live had a Ferrari 456. He bought it in red but then decided he wants blue so paid £30k to change the paint colour. They done a good job though.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom