Weird car options, an observation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm really torn for my next car. Either stick with a normal car/cross over, or get something I can stand an MTB up with just the front wheel removed (narrows the market considerably).

Vans sting you on tax.

But it's so easy ,I simply pop bikes in and bungee them ,2 mins

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Vans sting you on tax.

But it's so easy ,I simply pop bikes in and bungee them ,2 mins

Is that road tax ? (VED as there will be a pendant along shortly) I was also looking at a big pickup - AKA "Fallguy" style, but if there is a big commercial VED, then maybe no, as it's a private car.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is that road tax ? (VED as there will be a pendant along shortly) I was also looking at a big pickup - AKA "Fallguy" style, but if there is a big commercial VED, then maybe no, as it's a private car.

Yes lol
My little 12.50 cc Doblo costs £230 a year, same as my old 2.0 3.5 ton van;!!
Bloody joke

Drago

Legendary Member
Does anyone have 'auto parking' and trusts it ? My brother in law has both "parallel parking" and "parking in a space" options, but has chickened out of actually trying it.

I'll stick with 360 degree cameras - makes the 'park dead in the middle of a space challenge' good fun.

Mrs D's old Pious had an auto park feature. I never even tried it.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Does anyone have 'auto parking' and trusts it ? My brother in law has both "parallel parking" and "parking in a space" options, but has chickened out of actually trying it.

I'll stick with 360 degree cameras - makes the 'park dead in the middle of a space challenge' good fun.

Our neighbour has a Focus with it - he didn't use it for ages as it "just isn't right" ^_^ but came home one evening to find the only space left on the street that he wasn't sure was big enough, but which the car reckoned was.
On with the auto-park and into the space no trouble.
He's used it ever since. :laugh:

My favourites are city cars with auto park or reversing cameras. I loaned a C1 with a reversing camera - it's a nice gadget but you can almost touch the rear window when you look over your shoulder!

Top Bottom