Weird food tastes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5112247, member: 259"]When I was a student in Germany, most people had lard on toast for breakfast. And mint tea. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

My Dad was all dripping tripe a butter beans..not a good man to be in a confined space with!

[QUOTE 5112247, member: 259"]When I was a student in Germany, most people had lard on toast for breakfast. And mint tea. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Mint tea on toast makes the toast soggy, surely?

Some people still eat lard but it isn't as common as it used to be.Many people have bread rolls and cheese or salami though...

Salar

A fish out of water
Many, many years ago and this is true,when I was about 5 or 6, my mother used to give me raw sausage wrapped up in newspaper to eat. xx(xx(

I can still taste it now.

(The newspaper was just the wrapping, I didn't eat that!)

slowwww

Veteran
Granary toast, crunchy peanut butter, sliced bananas and freshly-ground black pepper. Delicious, but about a week's allowance of saturated fats in a single serving and so a very rare treat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 5112348, member: 259"]My mum only ever made one 'curry' a year, with the leftovers from the Christmas bird, and apples and sultanas. And about half a spoon of curry powder, from a little pot which was on the go for about twenty years.[/QUOTE]

We had curry for Christmas Day dinner this year.
Thrown in were left over roast potatoes from my partners daughters Christmas roast

25594113_2264462493579909_782123657022127503_n.jpg

Some people have pulled there noses when I've put port in my Guinness, lovely stuff.
This is (was in my bar-keeping days anyway) known as Purple Velvet

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5112348, member: 259"]My mum only ever made one 'curry' a year, with the leftovers from the Christmas bird, and apples and sultanas. And about half a spoon of curry powder, from a little pot which was on the go for about twenty years.[/QUOTE]
My mum used to do that a couple of times a year, all the curry powder did was send the gravy a bit yellow.

PK99

Legendary Member
Granary toast, crunchy peanut butter, sliced bananas and freshly-ground black pepper. Delicious, but about a week's allowance of saturated fats in a single serving and so a very rare treat.

Add marmite to the toast and you have perfection.

Top Bottom