Weird food tastes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Apple, sultanas and coconut in a curry.
Sorry, that was normal in the 1970s.

All of those are ingredients you might find in a curry in the Indian sub-continent or Africa...

But not in the UK any more. Some hotels and resorts in India have had to recruit British Asian chefs to cook 'Indian' food for British guests.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
It's only a few generations ago that some of my ancestors were eating long pig. You can't get much weirder than that!

Last edited:
But not in the UK any more. Some hotels and resorts in India have had to recruit British Asian chefs to cook 'Indian' food for British guests.

Oh,dear.Mind you, Japanese 'Italian' food is prepared by Japanese chefs who train in Italy, and then get trained in Japan to make it to Japanese tastes...

Saw somepne on the tram today drinking orange and ginger juice. What made me smile was her recommending it to her friend and describing the taste as "Übersh*t"...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Or you take bananas to the boozer which is even weirder and makes you bananas
Seriously though, i do take a banana to the pub most times i go. Though sometimes i take a tangerine instead.

Edit...The other week i took some shirts down there and stitched the loose buttons up and stuff
No one seems to bother.

Last edited:
Top Bottom