Weird food tastes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's a Wetherspoons isn't it?

No,it's not.:smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Apricot jam would be good.
Hmm, has to be raspberry for me. With the right white bread, it almost tastes like jam doughnuts..

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A friend at school used to have ardennes pate with branston pickle in a sandwich.

Regarding the curry (apple, sultana and leftover turkey) - my Mum made it like that for years, I think it was a 70's/80's recipe from someone like Delia or Marguarite Patten.

Saturday morning I had leftover chicken madras, mango chutney and buttered toast. . It's the morning person's naan bread.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Also at school, the canteen used to sell cheese and raw onion sandwiches. They were half the price of "normal" sandwiches so were somewhat of a desperate lunch if you'd forgotten your lunch money. I don't think they are that unusual nowadays, but I tend to avoid things that give me indigestion and bad breath at the same time, unless it's curry, that's worth it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just read something that sparked this.
I cant think of any that I DO enjoy but quite a few that I DONT enjoy while many people do.
1. My Dad used to enjoy apple with cheese
while I have never fancied it.
2. Similarly he enjoyed tomato with
sugar on.... I like a sprinkle of salt on
mine.
3. I have never enjoyed sausage or cheese
With pinapple.
4. A meal where baked beans mix with
fried egg. If I have a full English they
have to be kept separate.
I know most/all of those are weird as they mix in the stomach anyway.....but I just cant fancy them

Top Bottom