Weird incident tonight in Shirley Soton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the law on this..? I had a chinese friend who had to take a full UK driving test before being allowed on the road, despite having driven for many years in his home country.

An EU licence is valid as a UK licence.

An international licence is only valid for one year from your point of entry to the country.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
An EU licence is valid as a UK licence.

An international licence is only valid for one year from your point of entry to the country.

Thanks! That makes sense.

Yeh that's the place. Wish SCC hadn't changed the junction into straight on RH lane with a pathetic ASL and narrow feeder. Puts straight on newbie cyclists into conflict with left turning vehicles who now have a relatively open road.

I was guessing he was probably polish but I thought most Europeans were more bike savvy than english people? Clearly not!

In some ways I think its better. I no longer have cars fighting to overtake me through the next traffic island. The Polish are a bit like the Brits, quite good cycling team and a few pros, but so used to cars for everything.

There again I suppose I'm more of a vehicular cyclist - many of the newbies have to be coaxed into reading the extra advice. At my works I put up signs by the cycle sheds giving info on where to get advice on cycling, web links and books etc.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
There are some very odd people out there!

I recall being shouted at by a very overweight woman passenger in a tiny Micra, I think she was upset that I was filtering on the offside, but I'm not really sure.

Top Bottom