Welcome to @hill wimp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
There's a club :eek:

It's true i have succumbed.My Ride2Work certificate has arrived i will be on the phone to Evans St Pancras tomorrow to order my new steed. I spoke to them earlier today and fingers crossed i can pick it up Friday.

Melvil

There's a club :eek:

It's true i have succumbed.My Ride2Work certificate has arrived i will be on the phone to Evans St Pancras tomorrow to order my new steed. I spoke to them earlier today and fingers crossed i can pick it up Friday.

Congrats and enjoy! I swithered between an M and an S...and eventually ordered an S6L on the bike to work scheme and have a week to go until it *finally* arrives. Getting really impatient! What colour are you going for? :bicycle:

Hill Wimp

Congrats and enjoy! I swithered between an M and an S...and eventually ordered an S6L on the bike to work scheme and have a week to go until it *finally* arrives. Getting really impatient! What colour are you going for? :bicycle:
Tempest Blue.
I have to do my Ride2Work via Evans unfortunately.

I really wish the Government would just do the scheme for everyone via any bike shop or chain that would take it on.

What's the S when it's at home ?

Hill Wimp

Another one given up on real cycling :whistle:
Oi it's in the stable with my road bike, my tourer ( which gets the most use ) and my everything and the pub bike.:biggrin:

At least they all get used unlike yours. The tourer is going to Somerset for a week soon so I will send @coffeejo your love.:smooch:

Last edited:

Melvil

Tempest Blue.
I have to do my Ride2Work via Evans unfortunately.

I really wish the Government would just do the scheme for everyone via any bike shop or chain that would take it on.

What's the S when it's at home ?

Me too! I have to do mine via Edinburgh Biked who have just told me it will take 3 days to build - build! - my folding bike when it gets delivered to them.. Mental.. And an S is just the same as yours but with flat handlebars instead of upright ones.

@Hill Wimp: I don't own a Brompton, but can I suggest you spend a few minutes on http://www.brompton.com/Buy/Build-your-Brompton to see what all the options are, so hopefully you can order the right combination for your needs (or settle on it's closest equivalent that Evans have in stock).

Edit: test rides - good plan!!

Hill Wimp

Me too! I have to do mine via Edinburgh Biked who have just told me it will take 3 days to build - build! - my folding bike when it gets delivered to them.. Mental.. And an S is just the same as yours but with flat handlebars instead of upright ones.
Gotcha.
Mine is apparently in the warehouse ready built so I'm going to pop into my local Brompton dealer ( in Folkestone :ohmy:) in the morning, jump on and test a couple to choose which bars and then ring Evans and confirm.

I would be as daft as a bat not to do this on the C2W scheme.

Hill Wimp

@Hill Wimp: I don't own a Brompton, but can I suggest you spend a few minutes on http://www.brompton.com/Buy/Build-your-Brompton to see what all the options are, so hopefully you can order the right combination for your needs (or settle on it's closest equivalent that Evans have in stock).
Yep did that a few weeks ago. Funnilly enough it comes out cheaper on the overall price than Evans but on the C2W scheme cheaper still.

Yep did that a few weeks ago. Funnilly enough it comes out cheaper on the overall price than Evans but on the C2W scheme cheaper still.
That's great.

I was just concerned that you didn't know what the S was, and I played with the builder a few months ago so I could enter a competition, and I still understand the letter/number model descriptions.

Enjoy your new ride. Tempest looks great. I'd go for red because ... it's red. I'm 3 years old and I like red. :smile:

Top Bottom