Welease Bwian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
The leaves on the trees are barely moving in west London.
15mph gale force winds forecast for the midlands today. If they're unlucky, they may reach 20mph!!

Tin Pot

Guru
OMG; not DOWN SOUTH!!! :laugh:
London could do with a wash and some fresh air; here's their chance :smile:.

I was up before dawn putting everything away, cutting down branches that were likely to fail, hiding away the semiperennial annuals, and testing the (still blocked) drain.

If it rains, my garage will flood, I won't be happy.

Tin Pot

Guru
We've also stocked up on bread, milk, coffee, tea and wine.

If the Internet goes down, I may be offline for a few days but we should survive. Although I am concerned that a few letters are missing from the scrabble set.

its windy in wigan but nowt like storm windy, its been p!ss!ng down all day

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think Bwian has been well and truly unleashed - the flood sirens have just sounded here!

It has been raining heavily here for some time and another 18 hours of it is forecast so I think the Calder Valley might be about to get flooded yet again. A lot of families have only just repaired the damage to their homes caused by the last flood.

I am above the high-water mark for any previous flood by a couple of metres so I should be okay, but I feel sorry for everyone likely to be affected.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just been out for a run with Lemmy. Its blustery, but not really the Grade 12 Death Kill Murder Weather Assassination Event that the forecasters promised us. Only a bit of drizzly rain.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's a bit windy and rainy here - almost unprecedented weather for late October.

The good news is that it should have stopped raining by 9am tomorrow, so a Sunday ride will just see me jousting with 20mph+ winds. I might avoid the ford at Wike though... :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I think Bwian has been well and truly unleashed - the flood sirens have just sounded here!

It has been raining heavily here for some time and another 18 hours of it is forecast so I think the Calder Valley might be about to get flooded yet again. A lot of families have only just repaired the damage to their homes caused by the last flood.

I am above the high-water mark for any previous flood by a couple of metres so I should be okay,
but I feel sorry for everyone likely to be affected.
You above the third floor?

The sirens going off may be part of an exercise planned for this weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom