Well done, Braintree Police!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just read this on the local news:

"KIND-HEARTED police officers showcased their festive cheer by handing a mystery man a new bike.​
Officers from Braintree police station had stopped the man after seeing him cycling along a dark road on child’s bike.​
They had initially been contacted by members of the public concerned for the man’s welfare.​
The officers spoke to the man and found out he had been struggling to make ends meet after suffering hardship.​
He had only recently moved to the area and had to use a child’s bike to commute to work.​

1608309443272.png

The officers stepped in to help and surprised the mystery man by turning up to his work the following day when they presented him with a more suitable bike.​
They also gave the man, who has not been named, some lights to keep him safe during his daily commute."​

Hats off to them - well done. I know they can't prevent every lightless ninja, but it's a reminder that every bike is powered by a human.

Where did they get the bike?

OP
OP
Specialeyes
I must admit, when I read the article, I found myself thinking of times when out driving and I see a lightless ninja on an ill-fitting bike and it's brought out the less charitable side of me: thinking (but never saying or yelling, natch - I'm British!) "get some bloody lights" or "get a bike that fits" etc. These coppers have indirectly taught me a bit of a lesson.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Top Bottom