Well done Hull City!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Good to see Hull having something to celebrate.

Shame I lost my bet though. Got fantastic odds of 100-1 for my predicted 5-3 win for City ... :wacko:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
good luck to them, although i've not forgiven them for the 7-1 back in '93 or thereabouts :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
IIRC Hull was the biggest town not to have ever been in the premier/top division. That baton now passes to who? ( ok, whom)

Keith Oates

Janner
The Hull fans will be happy with the win and the promotion but the hard times will come next year in trying to establish themselves in the Premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
I spent a couple of years living just outside Hull. It needs a boost to its confidence, hopefullly having a premier league team will inject some fresh cash and give the city something more than the money to buy the next fix.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Enjoy your season in the Permiership!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There will be a lot of disappointed folk in Bristol ... not me though. I have to say the streets of Bristol were beautifully empty for me doing my few bits of shopping, even Broadmead (shopping centre) was fairly empty (I think - not a regular there on a Sat pm).

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
They are 3-1 on for an early return to the championship, 2-1 to stay up.
How about a treble of Hull, Stoke and Wigan to get relegated?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Unless you are one of the big four, whose long term future in the top flight is assurred, or among the next three or four who are safe in the medium term, the Premiership is a miserable place best avoided. At least half the season is spent looking over your shoulder at the relegation zone and every few years you get caught up in the dogfight to avoid the dreaded drop, which means you will be stuck with bugger all income and a squad on highly inflated long term contracts.

Promotion into the top flight will prove to be a poison chalice almost certainly for Stoke and Hull, and probably for West Brom. Two of the three who came up last year have gone straight back down, and the third spent 45 million quid to finish three points off the relegation zone.

Top Bottom