1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well done Hull City!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Shaun, 24 May 2008.

1. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Good to see Hull having something to celebrate.

Shame I lost my bet though. Got fantastic odds of 100-1 for my predicted 5-3 win for City ... :wacko:

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

good luck to them, although i've not forgiven them for the 7-1 back in '93 or thereabouts :wacko:

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Great for the club, but the odds are on an early return to the Championship.

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

IIRC Hull was the biggest town not to have ever been in the premier/top division. That baton now passes to who? ( ok, whom)

5. craigwend

craigwend Grimpeur des Holderness

E I - E I - E I O

Up The Football League We Have Gone ...

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The Hull fans will be happy with the win and the promotion but the hard times will come next year in trying to establish themselves in the Premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. gavintc

gavintc Guru

I spent a couple of years living just outside Hull. It needs a boost to its confidence, hopefullly having a premier league team will inject some fresh cash and give the city something more than the money to buy the next fix.

8. Alan Frame

Alan Frame Gnu

Cracking goal from Mr Windy Bum, too !

Good luck to Hull for next season from a Baggies fan.

Enjoy the ride.

9. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Enjoy your season in the Permiership!

10. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

There will be a lot of disappointed folk in Bristol ... not me though. I have to say the streets of Bristol were beautifully empty for me doing my few bits of shopping, even Broadmead (shopping centre) was fairly empty (I think - not a regular there on a Sat pm).

11. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

They are 3-1 on for an early return to the championship, 2-1 to stay up.
    How about a treble of Hull, Stoke and Wigan to get relegated?

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

looking forward to seeing st*ke getting a good kicking every weekend. :biggrin:

13. craigwend

craigwend Grimpeur des Holderness

How about a treble for them to all stay up?

An injection of change in the premiership

More positive posts (thanks for the ones that are - Gavin - toally agree with your comments)

Beat this for a goal!!!!!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrCTm55ysdo&feature=related

14. Not bad for a 39 year old.

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Unless you are one of the big four, whose long term future in the top flight is assurred, or among the next three or four who are safe in the medium term, the Premiership is a miserable place best avoided. At least half the season is spent looking over your shoulder at the relegation zone and every few years you get caught up in the dogfight to avoid the dreaded drop, which means you will be stuck with bugger all income and a squad on highly inflated long term contracts.

Promotion into the top flight will prove to be a poison chalice almost certainly for Stoke and Hull, and probably for West Brom. Two of the three who came up last year have gone straight back down, and the third spent 45 million quid to finish three points off the relegation zone.