1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well Done Wales

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gavintc, 2 Feb 2008.

1. gavintc

gavintc Guru

A interesting match. I really thought England had it sewn up, and then... the Welsh revival or the English collapse. Well done - what an exciting end. Hopefully, we Scots can beat the French. I will be there cheering them on.

2. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

You taking your Saltire with you Gavin? ;)

3. OP
    OP
    gavintc

gavintc Guru

Yep and wearing my kilt. We have a group of friends going.

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Enjoy the game. It has been a while since I have been at a rugby match, but Scotland v France was always my favourite.

...two anthems worth singing for starters! ;)

5. longers

longers Veteran

Watching the 5 nations was much more fun in Scotland. Too many beered up jingoistic Engerland footie fans round here to make it enjoyable. Much better to be in the minority watching it with beered up jingoistic Irish, Welsh and Scottish fans ;).

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

the 5 nations - plus Italy. You are too English for your own good ;)

7. longers

longers Veteran

They hadn't been invented when I was watching.

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I didn't see any of the match but the report that I've read suggests that Wales came out in a much more aggressive mood in the second half. Good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Didn't get to see the match live, so had to make do with a recording, phone off the hook, mobile turned off and a couple of beers.

Didn't give the boys much hope, said it would be 25-12 to England, but I'm so happy to be so wrong tonight!:rolleyes:

10. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Yes and splendid timing too, on the day I turned Welsh.

11. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

first I've heard of this...ouch...

12. Oldlegs

Oldlegs Frogs are people too.

Yes well done Wales - they never gave up and deserved to win.

Insert several lines of very bad swear words.

Sob

THE FAT CONTROLLER HAS GOT TO GO.

:rolleyes::angry::biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

13. jonesy

jonesy Legendary Member

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Lost: The ability to play rugby.

Last seen about 3.40pm today in the Murrayfield area of Edinburgh. If found please return to owner or leave at the Millenium Stadium where owner will collect.

:biggrin:

15. Very poor Scottish performance today. I suspect that next weekend the Welsh are going to give us a 'doing':sad: