Well I peddled 36 mile, thought I was great till.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Yeah, but you'd gone uphill to Leadgate!! They might've done 88 flat miles. And you've done 36 more than 90% of the population!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
36 is a good distance, I'd be happy with it. Plus you did a good service by letting them talk about their 88 which they were probably desperate to do. I know when I did my RideLondon distance practice run (ahem, 113) I was itching to get in to a 'how far you done' conversation with anyone :-)

According to MapMyRide 36 is right up in the top 25% of distances logged. Good job done :-)

bpsmith

Veteran
36 is nowt to be ashamed of!

I did 31.7 miles with the wind coming from all directions and changing all the time today. I am pleased, although would have liked to have gone further if I had the time family wise. Still happy with my ride nonetheless.

surfdude

Veteran
lucky you . i put my back out friday so i been sat on getting fatter arse since then . at the moment 3 meters would be a joy . in fact getting to shed would be ok for me .

nappadang

Über Member
I ride around Dipton, Leadgate, Sunniside, Ravensworth and Stanley etc. There's some decent climbs around there so don't be too disheartened. Factor in today's wind, you've done really well. You deserve a beer

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Sorry fella.

Was it you haha

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've done that part of the C2C many times and was on it today, albeit in the other direction.

I can confirm the wind was, if anything, against the OP on the way up.

It's a long pull up from Washington, nothing really steep, but it's relentless climbing for miles.

The route is a former railway line and one of the bridges is double width because that's where they use to keep the second locomotive to hitch onto the train to get it up the steeper bit.

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
I've done that part of the C2C many times and was on it today, albeit in the other direction.

I can confirm the wind was, if anything, against the OP on the way up.

It's a long pull up from Washington, nothing really steep, but it's relentless climbing for miles.

The route is a former railway line and one of the bridges is double width because that's where they use to keep the second locomotive to hitch onto the train to get it up the steeper bit.

It was a slog up there with the wind like, i thought it was just me being weak haha

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You could also die of thirst along there - nowhere to get a coffee.

If we are going the other way, we usually stop at Tesco in Annfield Plain.

Best if there's a few of you so one can be on bike watch while the others go in.

Top Bottom