Well I peddled 36 mile, thought I was great till.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Back was achy from about half way and weary legs. Also got bitten by some bug the other day so have an itchy leg too :sad:

uclown2002

Guru
Good going then!

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
You could also die of thirst along there - nowhere to get a coffee.

If we are going the other way, we usually stop at Tesco in Annfield Plain.

Best if there's a few of you so one can be on bike watch while the others go in.

I had two bottles and a cammelbaak full of water, and a geet big bag of jellies haha, i always have to ride alone as nobody i know is into cycling,

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I had two bottles and a cammelbaak full of water, and a geet big bag of jellies haha, i always have to ride alone as nobody i know is into cycling,

Have a look at this:

http://www.cycle-routes.org/wearsiderangers/WFCG ride list.html

The term 'family' is a misnomer, there are no children and most of us are past 50.

Any bike welcome, although the routes are not really suitable for a road bike.

The listed programme is every fortnight, the 'in between' Sundays are turn up and decide where to go - that works well.

A lot of the members are surprisingly fit, but we bowl along at about 10mph and stop for the slowest to catch up.

Judging by the ride you did today, you would fit in OK.

But no one is interested in stupid Strava, so don't turn up if you want to do segments.

Otherwise, trundle along.

up hill struggle

i got to do 38 yesterday then a splash around in the pool with the kids & 38 back home rained for most of it & blowing a gail but i wasn't even tired by the time i got home, i love my car :biggrin:

in all seriousness well done for doing the 36 miles in a long way off that but i will get there one day. Haven't even got the bike out for the last near 2 weeks with tryin to keep the kids busy with the holidays

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Have a look at this:

http://www.cycle-routes.org/wearsiderangers/WFCG ride list.html

The term 'family' is a misnomer, there are no children and most of us are past 50.

Any bike welcome, although the routes are not really suitable for a road bike.

The listed programme is every fortnight, the 'in between' Sundays are turn up and decide where to go - that works well.

A lot of the members are surprisingly fit, but we bowl along at about 10mph and stop for the slowest to catch up.

Judging by the ride you did today, you would fit in OK.

But no one is interested in stupid Strava, so don't turn up if you want to do segments.

Otherwise, trundle along.

I only use strava to keep a log of my miles, ill hava a look at the link mate, is it mainly all towpaths and bike tracks ? Not really into hurtling down through forests jumping twenty foot etc haha

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I only use strava to keep a log of my miles, ill hava a look at the link mate, is it mainly all towpaths and bike tracks ? Not really into hurtling down through forests jumping twenty foot etc haha

The leader, Dave, is a former Sustrans ranger and he aims to use cycle paths and tracks as much as possible.

My Strava comment was partly in jest, but was also made to help you judge in advance if the group might be for you.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah, but you'd gone uphill to Leadgate!! They might've done 88 flat miles. And you've done 36 more than 90% of the population!

Only 90 percent? I'd go for 99 percent!:smile:

Top Bottom