Well it turned out ok

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
but I am wondering 'what if'.

While I was out walking the dog about 30 mins ago I saw about 50yds down the road some 'lads' , maybe 5 or 6 larking about and laughing and wandering about all over the road. I got a little closer and saw one of them fall over in the road. Much laughing followed, he got up, then I realised that the 'lads' weren't laughing with him. they were laughing 'at' him. These blokes were I would guess 14 or 15, not big blokes by any means but there were 5 or 6 of them.
Didn't see quite what happened next because of some trees but did see the same guy fall over again and he fell kind of half sideways. He went down with a real smack and I thought he had whacked his head on the tarmac. So I am about 10 yds away now and he had picked himself up and got to the far side of the road and it became obvious that he was being set upon by the others. One in particular follwed him as he walked away and was trying to head him off. I think he took a swing at him and maybe even had a kick. Again not sure exactly what happened but the bloke being picked on went down again in the middle of the road.

So. What should I do? Well I decide I can't just stand by and watch so I called out to the guy sort of standing over him to leave him alone . In fact I think I also called him a c*** face and told him to f*** off. So he turns to me and makes as if he is coming over, stops, looks at me jogs back to his mates, and to my relief they all wander away.

I asked the bloke who was being duffed up if he was ok and I think he was but I am not sure if he really took in what I was saying and he wandered off in the other direction. I thought about catching him up and checking but decided to leave it be.

I'm just wondering how daft I was because it could have been bad if they had turned on me like they did this other guy. I am also wondering if they had been REALLY laying into him rather than just pushing and shoving him would I have done the same thing.

Wouldn't you know it I didn't have my mobile with me either. Whether calling the cops would have done any good I don't know but that's what they are for isn't it?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
You did the right thing..had you had a gun and been able to exterminate the oiks that would have been a bette rthing

longers

Legendary Member
Arse in mouth moment there, you did the right thing. Scarey though?

They could have done this, they could have done that but you sticking your beak in definitely stopped what was going to happen.

Good for you. I brick it every time something like that happens* but when should you say "no, that's too much for me?"

I'd want someone to stick up for me so I'll try to return the favour in advance.

Wouldn't stop me from being terrified.

Ringing the bizzies? They could scrape you off the road. - Not knocking them at all but they wouldn't be able to get there that quick.

I miss my dog - she made me feel braver in lots of situations.

* not very often.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm not as brave now I'm sober.

Buggi, I assume you were talking to Colly but this was my dog:-

213eqnp.jpg

Soft as a very soft thing but people don't know that do they? Going to see her on Weds :blush:.

Mr Pig

longers said:
I assume you were talking to Colly but this was my dog.

I love German Shepherds. When I grew up half of my friends had one, or two. Fantastic dogs. Loyal, trustworthy, good natured but don't take any crap off idiots.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
German shepherds and jack russels are both cool.

I too would hope that someone would step in for me if I were in trouble. Colly, I wondered if they guy was drunk or special needs by the way you described the events, still - no need for dinlows to pick on people.

Did you phone the police when you got back to let them know? The guy could have been completely dazed, or more seriously injured than he appeared. :angry:

Still, sounds like you've done a valiant gesture. :biggrin:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
downfader said:
German shepherds and jack russels are both cool.

I too would hope that someone would step in for me if I were in trouble. Colly, I wondered if they guy was drunk or special needs by the way you described the events, still - no need for dinlows to pick on people.

Did you phone the police when you got back to let them know? The guy could have been completely dazed, or more seriously injured than he appeared. :angry:

Still, sounds like you've done a valiant gesture. :biggrin:

Perhaps I should have, to be honest I never gave that a thought.

My dog though is a cross between a staffy and I think a Beagle. Little bit bigger than a JR but much more stocky.
Got him from The Dogs Trust after his mum (a Staffy) was abandoned with 8 pups.

Maz

Guru
Well done, colly, for sticking up for someone.
Longers - what's up with your dog? Not poorly I hope.

longers

Legendary Member
Ap - great photo, was it made to measure or off the cuff?

Maz - had to re-home her with my mum and dad as too much work has meant I couldn't look after her properly ;)
Very not happy about this but it's what's best for her that counts.

It was 'off the donkey' not the cuff - too massive and he was shaking like a leaf for the photoshoot. It was a gift so the thought counted even if Jack decided a career in the lifeboats was not for him.;)
Give your dog a scratch from us at CycleChat on Weds longers...;)

Top Bottom