Well, I've narrowed it down to about seven bikes.

What bike?

• DEFY ADVANCED 1

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • TREK DOMANE SL5 / SL6

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • ENIGMA EVADE

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Roubaix Comp

• Diverge Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• WHYTE WESSEX

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • GENESIS Equilibrium DISC

• ORRO GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Condor Fratello? Cooler than your average mass market manufacturer....
If you’re in Enigma price range, look at a Rourke custom built winter trainer and get exactly what you want.
You don’t come on here for weeks on end, then you have to make things more difficult when you do! Ffs! 😜

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Good man....I’m one of the founders :-)
I didn’t know that, did it last year in fact, and the year that a TV company was there doing some filming for summat.

I find it ironic that a town that hosts a popular cycling festival has probably the worst feckin’ road surfaces in the whole of Oxfordshire.

Oxford Dave

I didn’t know that, did it last year in fact, and the year that a TV company was there doing some filming for summat.

I find it ironic that a town that hosts a popular cycling festival has probably the worst feckin’ road surfaces in the whole of Oxfordshire.
There's a lot of competition for that title in West Oxfordshire!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
They were my first thought, followed by Mountain Mania/Road Room in Didcot and the Specialized Concept Store in Newbury.
Went Mountain Mania, nothing in the shop that floated my boat, went to Newbury yesterday to look, going back next week to try a couple.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I’m spoilt for choice, but today I’ll be going to Rides on Air Wallingford. (Assuming they’ll call as promised)

My brother uses them.

I've been in once with him.

Nice shop, although I got the impression they know how to charge.

They had a spot of bother with a sticky fingered staff member.

Suspended sentence, if I recall.

I made the mistake of helping a cyclist fix a puncture on his rim braked bike.

Both my hands were very grubby afterwards.

I'd forgotten how dirty the braking surface on a rim wheel becomes.

Took some scrubbing to get my hands clean.

Disc brakes for me.
your clint image is shot.
Unless I can locate that rumoured scene in High Plains Drifter where he demonstrates exfoliation tips.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Rode these two today.

I can now rule out the Enigma, it was nothing special for the price, riding the SL5 was a much better ride.

I’m also going to rule out the Genesis and Whyte ‘cos I can’t find one to ride.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I know the square root of naff all about high end road bikes, but I think it's a pity the Enigma is out of the equation.

Classic, under stated, titanium bike which will never go out of fashion, and will look better as it acquires patina from use.

Of the rest, I like the look of the Domane and the Roubaix because they have some unique design features as opposed to being an identikit carbon bike which could be made by anybody.

Top Bottom