Well, I've narrowed it down to about seven bikes.

What bike?

• DEFY ADVANCED 1

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • TREK DOMANE SL5 / SL6

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • ENIGMA EVADE

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Roubaix Comp

• Diverge Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• WHYTE WESSEX

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • GENESIS Equilibrium DISC

• ORRO GOLD STC DISC ULTEGRA

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Is a sensible strategy :smile:

Burn The Witch :smile:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Update: I am 99% sure that I’m going for the Trek Domane SL5 it ticks all my boxes, I like the design details, the lifetime warranty and the colour. I could’ve bought the SL6 but I don’t like the colour choices on that model, and for the extra cash you don’t get significantly more. All being well I’ll get it Thursday.

I’m looking forward to it, just wish the circumstances of having to buy a new bike were not brought about by the theft of my lovely Madone.

AWM6

Über Member
hahah.. you do realise that you will always need more than one bike, no matter how much research you do! Infact, the more research, the easier it is to justify another bike (see threads on N+1)

Back to your question, I an hugely biased and just love the Specialized Roubaix (I have owned 3). It simply delivers. Being carbon, they are no slouches and come with real pedigree. I have ridden several century rides on them and this is where they really stand out. Comfortable and responsive. Not tried the new version with the suspension in the headset so will let others comment on this but from what I read, this bike will definitely deliver against your brief!

You definitely want to try the bikes first as they will feel different.

From experience, my last piece of advice is don't make the decision over a £100 here or there. Buy the bike you want (you probably know which one that is) otherwise it will eat away at you and will be buying another bike again soon.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
hahah.. you do realise that you will always need more than one bike, no matter how much research you do! Infact, the more research, the easier it is to justify another bike (see threads on N+1)

Back to your question, I an hugely biased and just love the Specialized Roubaix (I have owned 3). It simply delivers. Being carbon, they are no slouches and come with real pedigree. I have ridden several century rides on them and this is where they really stand out. Comfortable and responsive. Not tried the new version with the suspension in the headset so will let others comment on this but from what I read, this bike will definitely deliver against your brief!

You definitely want to try the bikes first as they will feel different.

From experience, my last piece of advice is don't make the decision over a £100 here or there. Buy the bike you want (you probably know which one that is) otherwise it will eat away at you and will be buying another bike again soon.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
The decision has been made, and I haven’t skimped on the budget, some extras have been ordered with the new bike.

I did consider a couple of Spesh bikes, I went the concept store, where a operative took my details and said he would line up three bikes for me to test and would telephone me when they were in. Three weeks later I’m still waiting for the call.

Top Bottom