Well known/famous things, buildings or places you have been associated with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I forged the eye bolts that that support the cables on the Bournemouth cliff lift.
That's what I was getting at.......any time you see that you will think "I had a part in that"........doesn't matter how big or small the part was.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4531721, member: 76"]
5057731_6a00abf9.jpg

I locked the door on the last shift on Cedar Ward at Roundway Hospital when the ward closed during the move to Care in the Community, after 142 years. The next day we all started work in either Savernake Hospital or Seymour Clinic.[/QUOTE]
Is the building still there ? If so what is it used for ?

Attachments

• 5057731_6a00abf9.jpg
    5057731_6a00abf9.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Absolutely nothing. Although my name is on the patent as sole inventor, the rights belong to the company.
Bit like me with those rubbish chutes.
I did all the research & development. Then I was in control of sales. We sold 20,000 per year for 8 years. They cost us £8.50 each and we got between £21.00-£39.00 each..............they made megabucks.

Reactions: TVC

TVC

I consider myself top trumped :smile:

Shaun
I was Project Manager on the technology development stage of the project, and it seemed a bit unreal that me and a couple of my drinking buddies mackled together this bench kit and found ourselves imaging atom shelfs on crystals without too much effort. I left the business before the production version was launched.

Other small claim to fame, all Ford brake discs manufactured in Europe, Mexico and Brazil have their surface texture checked with a special instrument I designed and in the early versions, built.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm related to Margaret Thatcher and John Major......my maternal grandmother's maiden name was Crust.
there has to be a joke there but I just cant see it......must be too late or i've had one whisky too many :smile:

Top Bottom