Well-known vandal vandalises...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Something that's just come to mind occurs a scene a while ago when I went to Sportshoes Unlimited in Bradford and parking at the multi-storey car-park adjacent. I noticed a Jaguar and it was either claret or blue, I can't remember. One thing I will not forget is the extremely amateurish paint job in the opposite colour (claret if car blue, blue if car claret, if you get my drift) the a vandal had defaced the vehicle. It had a very poor Aston Villa badge sprayed on and the legend 'Up the Villa' several times on bonnet and doors. It looked an absolute disgrace and I would have gone loopy if anyone had done that to mine. I spoke to the guy in the pay-box and asked him if the vandalism had been done while it was parked there and he told me no, it had been driven in like that and when the owner of the car got out, he realised it had been self-inflicted. The owner, a very famous musician, was a well-known supporter of Aston Villa and it was he who had defaced his own expensive Jaguar! I was dumbstruck to think someone would do that and it re-infoced my low opinion of this div. You know who this VERY famous musician was? A rock star? A Punk? Nope, none of those. He is a CLASSICAL musician who loves to be seen as an avant-garde rebel. Nigel Kennedy! What a wazzock!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Sort of fits with his personality. It wouldn't look right if Nigel was stepping out of a professionally painted car.

There was a documentary on BBC News recently where they spent a day with Nigel Kennedy. It was a mixture of unbelievable violin play and a surreal personality. He definitely treads that very fine line between genius and madness but his talent for music is incredible.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Meh. His car, his choice of football team. Not exactly important. Who cares?

If he'd defaced an irreplacable work of art, or a memorial, that would be different. But a car? So, it's a posh car, but since he's presumably loaded it's no more relatively valuable than a Fiat Uno.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Trying desperately to delay a shopping trip (I HATE SHOPPING!), I googled for a pic of NK's car. I didn't find one, but I found something so random, I had to put it up here:
smile.gif

Attachments

• nkq.jpg
    nkq.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom