Well that hurt !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cycling along Richmond riverside this morning and splat ! Taken down by anti slip paving :angry:
I didnt even have time to unclip :eek:
Right elbow is hurty and my right hand is numb , a few hurty ribs as well .

36978513323_10f17bf85c_z.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Go minor injuries at Teddington or similar and get elbow and numb hand checked
Hopefully nothing serious (like a fractured elbow)

Last edited:
Ouch!

Same thing happened to me recently with a water-filled pothole. It really hurts when you hit the deck hard, doesn't it?

My ribs are still affecting my ability to sleep six weeks later - they seem to take ages to heal.

I don't know about you, but I've been kicking myself ever since for not concentrating harder. I know it's risky riding through puddles as you don't know how deep they are, as I guess you know to avoid anti-slip paving. A moment of daydreaming is all it takes.

Get well soon.

Graham

MichaelO

Veteran
GWS

I've slid a couple of times on similar paving on the cycle pathways around Vauxhall station (when it's wet). Take them very tentatively now!!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I had moved over as someone was walking down the path , i guess the second set sticking out caught my un aware . You can see my tyre marks on the last ridge . Lucky i wasn't going at any kind of speed ..... Or fallen the other way down the steps :eek: ...... and into the river :eek:
Bike is scratched on the rear mech , handle bars and brake lever . The forks on the other side are scratched where someone moved my bike out the way and lent it against a parapet wall :unsure:

I had moved over as someone was walking down the path , i guess the second set sticking out caught my un aware . You can see my tyre marks on the last ridge . Lucky i wasn't going at any kind of speed ..... Or fallen the other way down the steps :eek: ...... and into the river :eek:
Bike is scratched on the rear mech , handle bars and brake lever . The forks on the other side are scratched where someone moved my bike out the way and lent it against a parapet wall :unsure:

Sad news (as well as your injuries obviously) I assume it wasn't your TT bike?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That looks like it could be the wrong paving for the intended use. It looks like it maybe should be flat-topped ladder/tramline (which is bad enough) but it's round-topped corderouy(sp!) which shouldn't be used near cycling.

Oh, and it's low contrast too, probably because someone thinks it's a heritage area... but there's black tarmac nearby so there's not really an excuse for not using a slightly different colour to the track.

Top Bottom